Thread: Questions: ovulation, BFP, evap lines...

Question Questions: ovulation, BFP, evap lines...

OK, so I've been thinking. A couple of cycles ago i got a faint BFP which DP could see. But then the next day there was nothing and I got a visit from AF. So i was thinking evap line...but then someone said early m/c. i don't know either way.

So my questions:

If i m/c the day after a BFP, would a 2nd line have shown up the next day when i tested?

I O'd late that particular cycle (CD 24), would that make my egg "less" good? I really don't know how to put that...basically is there any affect to eggs if you O later in your cycle?

If you want to look at that particular chart its the chart starting 31/12/2006. i'm just not sure what happened that cycle. It was odd. I O'd later, then had a lack of symptoms, got a faint BFP, then got AF. I don't even know why i am thinking about it. I think i just want a chart to compare current charts to.

Thanks for your time ladies

Gosh - I dunno! If the line came up in the specified time, it wouldn't be an evap line. They only occur later once the test is dried out a bit.

I dunno about the egg quality later in the cycle - I hope it's ok.. coz mine was late this cycle! hehe.

Are you on any fertility drugs or anything? Coz I think they can give false positives with hpt's?

I really don't know. I hope you can sort through it and work it out!

Nope no fertility drugs...

i don't know why, i just keep going back to that cycle. I think maybe because thats the only time I've ever got a BFP.

It was either a faulty test or you were pg and had an early mc. Both my mc were early and I didn't suffer any pain - I could easily have mistaken them for AF (apart from pg symptoms) - one was shorter and lighter than my usual AF & the other was longer than AF but not heavy.

The exact same thing happened to me back in January. I experienced almost every possible pregnancy symptom. At 14DPO, I got a feint line within about 3 minutes which DH could see so I made an appointment at the doctor but the BT came back negative. All subsequent HPT's came back negative too. Luckily I took the stick to the doctor and he confirmed that yes, he would have read it as a positive too. AF turned up two days later.

The doctors explanation was that fertilisation took place and may have temporarily implanted (causing an initial squirt of HcG hormone) but didnt "stick" long enough for a full amount of hormone to be released. He said it isnt classed as a miscarriage but classed as a chemical pregnancy. He also said (and I have since seen it on the web) that 50% of all women experience chemical pregnancies and they dont even know it.