Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Yellow Booties

Default RE: Yellow Booties

Hi

I am not sure if this is posted in the right forum, so feel free to move it. I will also put a post in the Long Term TTC Forum.

Anyway, I have PCOS and been TTC for 2 years, and sadly had two m/c's now. I very special friend gave me some yellow knitted booties to help me when we start TTC again, and I am hoping they will bring me some luck in both TTC and helping the bubba stick.

I just found out my cousin who has also been TTC for 2+ years had another m/c in a row, this time her third. I really wanted to be able to get her some yellow knitted booties to help her with some luck too.

Does anyone know where I can get some knitted yellow booties??

Hiya Eje,

I have some knitted yellow booties that a very kind person on BB knitted for me and posted to me. They haven't worked yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time

I hope you have some luck finding another pair of yellow booties for your friend.

PS: Just moving this to General Conception.

If you have a local market or art/craft shop (where they sell folk art type of stuff) you should be able to find some. Otherwise check with your local hospital they usually have little old ladies that knit for the gift shops.

Hi Eje,

I would be more than happy to knit you a pair of yellow booties. (it will give me something to occupy my mind while I am waiting for Declan to come )

I have knitted quite a few pairs for the girls on BB.

Yep - you knitted a pair for me Kazz Thanks so much. I just didn't want to mention your name, in case you got inundated with requests LOL. They are so gorgeous - I keep one in my pillow, and DH keeps the other in his wallet, to remind him of the type of father he wants to be.

I remember Cherie I am so sorry they haven't worked their magic yet though. Hopefully they will soon. [-o<

Aww that is so cute you and DH have one in each pillow and to remind him f the father he wants to be.

I even did a quick look on Ebay, there isnt even any yellow booties up for auction.
    Might have to hav a look in the 2nd hand shops! no craft shops here that have them or craft fairs coming up.
    I can only knit in straight lines!
    Anything is worth a try.

I've seen knitted booties in the Australian Red Cross shops, and they were only about $8, just another idea!

kazz made me some too!!! then kirsty sent me some as well! lol

so dh and i both have two booties each under our pillows.

i hope they work soon! [-o<

Hi Kaz. Thank you so so much for your offer. If it is ok, I would love to take you up on it. I just can't wait to surprise my cousin with this, I am sure that it will cheer her up, and most of all bring her some luck.

Hi Brooke- Thank you so much for your offer of your DD's yellow booties, that is the kindest offer. I however would feel a little guilty taking your DD's booties, so will go with Kaz's offer of a new pair- if she is still up for knitting some!!

Everyone else, thanks heaps for all the suggestions!!

Hi EJE, I will start knitting them and let you know when I have finished. I will try and get them done asap.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Kazz
    I think your booties worked magic with us - and that second pair I bought from Volunteer ladies at Westmead Hosp probably reason for :twinboy:

I am sure we had them both at our transfer - other wise one of each set in our pillows (still do) and I carried the other for luck.

Hi EJE, I have finished knitting the booties. If you can email me your name and addy I will send them out to you.

Trish, I am so glad they worked their magic for you matey.

I noticed a pair at an old lady craft shop today and they were really cheap so I bought them. The first platinum member to PM me thier addy can have them.

That such a nice thought dachlostar! Your such a thoughful person.
    Im not VIP yet...

I ended up getting a pair of ebay from a lovely seller. She didnt have them in yellow but made a pair for me. Should get them next week. \/

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Dacho
    maybe put offer in TTCAML or LTTTC

*TamaraP* Guest

I just pm'ed Dacho...but knowing my luck

yay Tamara you were the first. Check your PM's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast