Thread: Recently stopped BC pill after 10 years! Pregnancy or Hormonal Imbalance???

Question Recently stopped BC pill after 10 years! Pregnancy or Hormonal Imbalance???

Hello, I'm new so I hope I am doing this correctly!

I have just stopped BC after 10 years and the first day of my period after stopping (where sugar pills would be) was on June 10th. I have been getting waves of nausea for a week or two, as well as lower back ache, feeling winded and/or more tired than normal, was VERY gassy last week (NOT NORMAL FOR ME AT ALL!), and my breasts have swollen A LOT and my nipples just recently became very sensitive/sore. I tried a HPT yesterday, even though my period wouldn't technically be due til the 5th of June, I believe? And it came up with a BFN! I was wondering for any of you who have come off BC if these seem like normal things to happen just due to hormonal imbalance or if anyone thinks it seems preggo related? I have found it very difficult to find any info through googling! lol. Any advice on testing or your symptoms from coming off BC would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thank you so much!

Default Recently stopped BC pill after 10 years! Pregnancy or Hormonal Imbalance???

It's possible you could be pregnant, but I think it's more likely you're experiencing side effects of coming off the pill, and you're getting real pms for the first time in 10 years.

Default thanks PumpkinZulu!

It is very hard to decipher what's going on. However, the strangest part is the soreness of my nipples and swollen breasts. I have never ever had that occur... Hmm... I guess I should wait to test around the 5th when my period would be due? Thanks so much for your response!

Default Recently stopped BC pill after 10 years! Pregnancy or Hormonal Imbalance???

Yep I'd wait and test again. Good luck, hope you get your bfp

Default Thanks! Eep!

trying not to obsess too much but it's so hard! thank you for the well wishes! hope you are doing well!

Well I came off the pill in Feb for the first time in 10 years too. I got UTD the very first cycle although it seems my cycle was a little longer than the standard 4 weeks which made things difficult. It wasn't until just over 5 weeks since my LMP that I got my BFP. I had similar symptoms to you (the main ones being the sore and swollen BB's and gassy). Unfortunately for me I had a miscarriage not long into that pregnancy.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, you could be UTD but perhaps it is too soon to tell yet. If you can, hold out for a week or so and then test again. Good luck!

I agree waiting is probably the best thing to do right now. I came off the Pill in June and didn't ovulate for 5 months, and the period I'm currently having is the first one I've had for 4 months. I've been told it CAN take up to two years for your cycle to settle down - but as chody's experience shows, it can happen straight away. Time will tell.

I to got pregnant straight away after coming off the pill after ten years. So your cycles can take awhile to come back, or come back with a vengance! Wait until you are due and then test. That must be around now though.

I ovulated and fell preg first cycle off the pill...but that was a m/c. I've only ovualted maybe 4 times since coming off the pill 17 months ago

Red face Thanks everyone!

Thanks so much for your responses! I am still feeling the same way... Technically if I'm on a 28 day cycle I'm due for my period this Thursday! So... I was thinking, I'd wait, see if anything happens after a few days and then maybe test on the weekend. Just to be sure! THANKS for all of the kind words and hopes! xoxo!

Thumbs down Not this month...

Well, just to let you ladies know... I had a visit from AF today, so not preggers this month... Oh well! At least I got my period first month off the pill I suppose! Definitely some strange symptoms from withdrawal after ending the pill... What a bummer!