Thread: Recommended books

Default Recommended books

Hi! I am going to the book shop tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could recommend a pregnancy book to buy which they found really helpful. Thanks!

Conception, pregnancy and birth by Dr Miriam Stoppard. The edition I have (ISBN 0740333780) is an Aussie edition so have relevant contact info in it. I loved this book through my first PG, it has lots of info and pictures, etc, but without being too much.

Enjoy browsing in the store!
    :-)

Smile

I agree with Marydean, I also have "Conception, Pregnancy and Birth" By Dr Miriam Stoppard, I found it totally informative, plenty of pictures and information.

I really enjoyed "having a baby" by Carol Fallows, she is the editor of Australia's Parents magazine

‘The Natural Way a Better Pregnancy’ is a great book. Actually all the books by Francesca Naish are great. I found ‘The Natural Way to Better Babies’ by chance in the book shop.

Thankyou Marydean, Jodi, Sharon & Gemma for taking the time to reply I bought 2 books today:

1. Your Pregnancy Week By Week by Lesley Regan which is a hardcover with lots of lovely pics (and hopefully useful information)
    2. What to expect when you're expecting...the book that EVERY book shop has! I purchased it basically because it has a lot of question & answer pages which is good because I always have a million questions!

I think I will go back and also buy Conception, Pregnancy & Birth by Miriam Stoppard...just didn't want to break the bank too much today

Franstar, there are lots of copies of Miriam Stoppard's book around on the second hand market, maybe try Ebay (just make sure you get a recent edition, a pubn date of >2000 is fine). I lent my copy and never got it back, but found a newer one at the markets for $12!!
    :-)