Thread: Rubella vaccination

Default Rubella vaccination

Hi girls,

I haven't had a rubella vaccination since grade 6 (about 23 years ago!) and I think last time I was checked my immunity levels were low. I want to TTC around xmas time, so if I get a rubella vaccination done next week, will 2 or 3 months be enough time before safely TTC after the vaccination?

Cheers,

Hi Berry,

As a general rule it is a 3 month wait after having this vacination before conceiving. You can always have your GP double check your immunity before having this vaccination - or give the immunisation nurse at your loacal hospital (or children's hospital) a call and find out for sure about the immunisation wait.

Good luck!

MG

Hi Berry,

My SIL had a Rubella shot because of low immunity level and the doc told her to wait 3 months before they could start TTC. She got pregnant straight away after the 3 months. So I guess it would be worth waiting so your immunity level is alot higher just to be safe.

The quicker you get the shot the quicker you can TTC!

Goodluck!

*Shopaholic* Guest

Hi Berry

Yeah, the general rule is 3 months.

I got mine done 2 months ago. One more month to go! YAY!!!!

Best to go to your GP and get a prenatal test done. They check your blood pressure, immunity levels, iron levels etc.

I had to get Rubella booster and also Chicken poxs!

:-)

Thanks for your replies gals , you have been a great help! I'll get the rubella jab tomorrow when I take my daughter for her injections.

My Rubella immunity was zero, and had to have another. I was told to wait 3 Months.