Thread: Is it safe to take Napro if you get mid cycle pain?

Default Is it safe to take Napro if you get mid cycle pain?

Hi girls,
    I have been told that you shouldn't take Naprogesic if your TTC cause it could cause m/c. I suffer from mid cycle pain and it can get quiet uncomfortable. I tell myself that I should suck it up and deal with it, as if its kind of practice for what it will be like when I am pregnant (ie. you cant really take drugs), but then it seems stupid to me not to take a Napro if the cramps are pretty uncomfortable and at that stage your ovulating and not yet pregnant. But can taking Napro reduce your chances of getting pregnant?
    Now obviously if I missed my period and took a HPT and it was Positive and I got cramping I would not take anything cause that would be implantation cramping. But wasn't sure what the deal was about ovulation pain?

Puppies, it is best to avoid all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs when TTC. NSAIDs (naprosyn is one, so is ibuprofen) tend to suppress ovulation and can interfere with implantation. If you need something for pain, paracetamol and codeine are fine both when TTC and when pregnant (so says the IVF clinic). Basically, it's best to stick to things like panadol or panadeine if you need pain relief.

BW

Bugga, I am annoyed now that I didn't just toughen up and not take that one Napro on Sunday night. I have been seeing the full ferning on my Maybe Baby Saliva test for 3 days now. We have been BDing all weekend, but now I am scared that one Napro might have wrecked my chances. Also, DH has been on antibiotics for Sinus infection, I am scared that may have some influence on his side of things. Although my google research has not convinced me that antibiotics can have a bad affect on sperm.
    Do you think that one Napro could have ruined my chances?

My rheumy explained it to me as a "theoretical possibility". That the impact is there in theory but it's unlikely to have any actual effect on fertile, healthy people. My argument was that I'm not healthy and not fertile... and then my FS came down on the side of no more naprosyn, so it's been ditched. Doesn't really work for me any more any way.

I think it's unlikely that one naprosyn dose will completely ruin your chances, especially if you have no other health or fertility problems, but I would start avoiding it in the future.

BW

Thanks butterfly_warrior. I will avoid from now on. I pray that I don't have any fertility problems. I have just come off the pill and last cycle was my first since coming off the pill. My Cycle went for 26 days and I only had AF for 1 day. Since then it looks like I may have ovulated 8-10 days after AF (according to Saliva test, which is the only test I am doing). Not sure if that is normal. I don't think I ovulated the first cycle at all. But I felt so excited when I saw the ferning on that little lens, but then I think perhaps the reading was incorrect because I may have let it dry too long. I also don't want to stress about all this either cause that can stop it all from happening to.
    I pray with all my heart and soul that you carry a pregnancy full term and soon! Big hugs to you and thank you for responding, I really appreciate it!