Thread: seeking advice - what's wrong with me?

Default seeking advice - what's wrong with me?

Ok - I'm a bit depressed and frustrated, so this is going to be somewhere in between a rant and a question. I am currently CD39 and still no sign of AF, but everytime I do a HPT it comes out a BFN. I had light brown CM on CD 22, 23, 24 which I thought might be implantaiton bleeding, but if it was i should certainly be getting a bFP by now?? This is my first cycle off the pill, so i don't have any idea how regular i am etc, but B4 i was on the pill my cycles varied from 28-31ish days - never, ever this ridiculously long. We conceived DD in 2 tries. The first cycle I got a faint positive on a HPT, an inconclusive blood test and then a period a week late, the second cycle I got a BFP the day my period was due. Lately I have always had long and heavy BF (sorry TMI) lasting about 6-7 days, but over the last few months on the pill I have been having really heavy bleeding on day 4 of my period. So what is wrong with me???? I am thinking I can't possibly be pg now, but why isn't AF showing up???? I wish it would, so we could start trying again. I kinda hoed we would have a new baby by Christmas, but if it keeps going like this, we'd be lucky to achieve it. I'm going to the GP this arvo to get a BT, but i suppose i won't get the results until monday. so sick of waiting.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Sportychick

I'd say it could be the pill mucking your cycle out a bit.I remember when I fist came off the pill I didn't get AF only spotting that was it.I'd make an appointment to go see your doc and maybe get a bt done incase you are pregnant and your hormone levels aren't high enough to register on a hpt yet.

Goodluck hun

yeah - don't understand it because this didn't happen with #1. I never had anything this weird going on. was on a different pill though. Took triphasil B4 #1, but changed to a monophasic pill after DD born because i wanted to be able to skip periods.

Kirsty77 Guest

I reckon the pill mucks up alot of peoples cycles once they come off it. Some people have no probs and go back to being regular but mine were all over the place. You could still be pregnant hun.I'd test again every few days or see you gp.

Hi Sporty

Might be different coming off the pill this time because it was a different pill - also if you have skipped several periods with the pill the coloured CM may have actually been your AF. My sister skips periods for 4 months every summer and her first AF back is always really really light.

Heres hoping for you that you are actually pg though and your hormone levels are jsut a little low still.

Good luck with the doc

Taff

well, had the blood test, but have to wait till lunchtime mon to get my results - don't know how i'm going to wait that long (although i've already waited a while now anyway...) I have a referral to my obstetrician in case its a BFP and a referral for a pelvic ultrasound if its a BFN. a bit worried becuase a collegue said a fried of hers had a similar thing happen and found out it was ectopic and that's why the no hormones. surely i'd be in pain by now if it was ectopic???

Oh sporty

Good luck for Monday - fingers crossed for you. Sorry that you have to wait all weekend. Lets hope that it is all good news.

Hugs for you