Thread: Sex and TTC

TibbyTyler Guest

Default Sex and TTC

Ok so I've never really charted and I don't think I can really do so this month since I'm not exactly sure when my period "started" (I didn't start really bleeding until the 13th but had some brown discharge on the 12th).

Anyways, I'm coming off of a miscarriage and DandC. My mother advised me to just have sex every other day. She got pregnant her first month of trying with me by doing so. My sister had a miscarriage in December 05 and her first month of trying after that she went by my mom's sex every other day and viola she was pregnant and now has my beautiful niece.

I've done a little research and read that sex every other day is better because he needs time to replenish his sperm. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I know a lot of couple have sex every day when trying as well.

I am trying hard not to stress about TTC but my hubby will be deploying in 2.5 months for a year. So it kills me to think if it doesn't happen now we have a whole year before we can even try again.

Thanks in advance!

Hi TibbyTyler, so sorry to hear about your m/c. I think sex every 2nd day should do the trick. Every day can be a bit hard to maintain & sometimes the sperm isn't replenished as you mentioned. I hope you have success in the 2.5 months before DH goes away. Try not to feel the pressure though - it won't help. Hope to be reading you are pg very soon. PS: It still wouldn't be too late to use OPK's if you want some extra reassurance you are bd'ing at the best possible times! Good luck!!

TibbyTyler Guest

Thank you for your response! I am going to look into the OPK tomorrow.

I think the stress is the worse thing for me right now. I just read that once your egg is released you have 24 hours to fertilize it. Now I'm question my every other day tactic. . .lol.

Perhaps, I just need to stay away from the computer? hmmmm....

You are more likely to fertilise it if you BD before rather than after - if you are doing it every second day, that gives you a good shot during your fertile time.

Good luck.

Hi TibbyTyler, a friend of mine is also going for every second day. I'd do that too except my DH flies in/out so i get them when i can !!!
    You'll find the OPKs help. At least then, after you've definately O'd, you can take a break from the BDing (wait probably about 3 days after a positive result on OPK before you stop BD) - and when you get a positive, maybe even go for every day from that point - i believe the OPK shows O will happen within 24-36 hours.
    Good luck!
    Feel free to say hello to the gals in the DP works away thread - there's quite a bunch of us at the moment!

I have been advised by my FS every second day from CD10 as like you said you need to give the sperm time to replenish. Good luck.

Hi TibbyTyler,

Sperm can live for a few days in fertile mucus - so you don't have to BD on your actual ovulation day. I was reading an article yesterday which said it is actually better to BD 1-2 days before ovulation than exactly on O-day.