Thread: Should I test?

Question Should I test?

Hi,

Although not 'TTC', we were a bit slack this month, and who knows? My daughter is 8 months old, and I know that it is generally easier to fall pregnant in the first year after having a child.

My reason for writing this is that 1/ I feel ill and 2/ my cycle is taking a bit longer this month it seems. However, I did a test five days ago, which was negative, and I'm at day 36 now. Since having my daughter, my cycle has been getting about a day longer every month though...from 28 days, to 33 last month.

I used an 'early test', so it should have been positive five days ago if I was pregnant, right?

Would it be a waste of money to buy another test? I've never TTC, so I'm not up with the whole when ovulate/when test thing....I figure, even if I ovulated late, an early test should have confirmed a pregnancy by day 31. ?

Ta!

hi liana
    i did home pregnancy test 3 weeks ago and the 1st one was negative and the second one just didnt do anything at all and yes i read the instructions right and then a week after that i said to my doctor i swear i might be pregnant and they did a scan and i was sometimes those home pregnancy tests arent always correct i would test again i think just for peace of mind as well.

kylie

Thanks...yes, I may test again. I feel sort of crampy at times, so probably not preg...however, I was always quite crampy during my two pregnancies, so it's more a pychological sense that cramp = not preg, I guess.

Hi Kate, Ta.

I too fell pregnant very easily with my second child. My son was nine months old when we concieved our daughter without even trying...a little later, I read that the body is geared up for pregnancy in the year following birth. Anyway, I did another pregnancy test yesterday, and it was negative, so, there you go! I'm happy with that, as I want to lose the weight from my previous pregnancy before falling pregnant again (and I mean that from a health perspective, as I tend to put on a lot of weight during pregnancy even when trying to be careful not to, and would hate to end up with pregnancy health problems due to having a higher than optimal BMI). My last birth was a great VBAC, and I'd like the option of a VBAC home birth next time around, so I'm determined to be as healthy as poss. Plus, my husband and I have already decided that we'll "start talking" about a third child at the end of the year, so that I can continue to get my business up and running in the meantime, etc.....so, I'm happy for now! Thanks again

Good luck with your pregnancy...If you've thought of hiring a doula, I'm a student doula, and offering my services for a v. small fee...I've advertised on the "trainee doula's available" thread (or something to that effect)...if your interested, just do a quick search on my name...I've only made a few posts, so it'll be easy to find.
    Last edited by Lil_Pearl; June 21st, 2006 at 08:46 AM.