Thread: sick in TWW - what to do?

Default sick in TWW - what to do?

Hello,

I would like your opinion......I am TTC, and currently early in TWW - might be succesful this time round....fingers crossed. But I feel like I am picking up a cold and feel a little 'hot' temperature wise. As our bodies naturally rise the our basal temperatures in the Luteal Phase (after Ovulation), I am a little unsure whether taking panadol is a bad idea or not.

If you know something about this, I would love to hear from you.

One thing that is always stressed to us by IVF clinics is that paracetamol is safe while cycling, including in the luteal phase.

Just one thing... pregnancy also raises your basal body temperature, and pregnancy also dampens the immune system so you can be more susceptible to colds and flu. This could be a very good sign!

BW

Hi Butterfly Warrior - thank you for your wise advise. I am only DPO3, so unlikely to be early pg signs - but thanks for the positive outlook. I have read some of your posts, in regard to your journey, and appreciate you popping in and sharing your knowledge on the matter of panadol. (my thoughts and prayers after often with you)

All the best!

BK

butterfly kisses - Good luck, I hope you've got a BFP coming your way. I actually got a little cold/sinus on my successful cycle last month. I took panadol once before going to bed, then I made sure everything I ate the following week had heaps of garlic & I also had heaps of honey & lemon drinks too. I sucked on a few vicks vapor drops too but tried not to have too many of those either.

your chart is looking great, i am about the same day as you , fingers crossed for you.

I always feel fluey in my tww, good luck hun!!

Thanks girls for your replies! I'm not exactly positive about this cycle, due to the amount of stress that I am under at work - but you never know!

I have woken up with a full blown cold this morning.........my dad told me that I should boil an orange, then puree it and then consume it......skin and all! So, I did it (as aweful as it was). But it hasn't helped get rid of the cold......damn!

Hi, I'm currently on 7DPO, but on 4DPO I contracted some sort of 24 hour bug. I was frustrated and worried if it might affect anything that might potentially be happening, but like someone said, pregnant women are more susceptible to colds/bugs etc due to the immune system being repressed so that the body doesn't reject the embryo as a foreign body. I've not been sick at all for over 2 years so that it's a good sign.

Not sure about the panadol, but I believe from talking to friends that it is ok to take it.

Good luck Airline......hope it's your time for BFP!