thread: So confused? Implant or early period?

Dec 2007
    Sydney

So confused? Implant or early period?

I'm trying to stay sane but this months cycle has been very strange! I'm 11DPO and since yesterday I have had some light brown "colouring" when I wipe and have had mild cramps on and off. My AF isn't due for 3 more days and I've never had them early. I know spotting is quite common when implantation occurs but is cramping? Surely cramping isn't a good sign? I'm so disappointed!!! When's the best time to test?

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Could be implantation. I would be testing with your FMU in the morning. Cramping can be a good sign actually as long as its not accompained (sp?) with bright red blood. Brown blood is a sign that its old blood or implantation. HTH

Dec 2007
    Sydney

Thanks for your advice MM! I did a test this morning using FMU and I got a very paint BFP!!!! I'm 12-13dpo so will test again tomorrow and see if it gets darker. Very excited but also very nervous as we had a miscarriage two months ago at 5 weeks...

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

dont worry babe, its normal to get faint BFP's early on. Im sure it will get darker!! btw CONGRATS!!!! and ***stickyvibes***** over the moon for you!

Dec 2007
    Sydney

You are so sweet MM! I'll re-test tomorrow to make sure the line gets darker. Can I ask about the cramps? Do they last long? I don't remember having them in my first pregnancy. They do worry me! Thanks again!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

once again cramps are VERY normal. They will ease. Just take it as a good sign of bub burrowing in nice and deep cant wait to hear about tomorrows test!

Dec 2007
    Sydney

Thanks MM - Darker line again this morning! So excited :-)
    Where are you at in your cycle???

Jun 2010
    Springfield Lakes, Qld

Congrats Powelly!!! So happy for you

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Thanks MM - Darker line again this morning! So excited :-)
    Where are you at in your cycle???

Thats fantastic!! congrats!!!

Im at 10dpo