Thread: So how do I know....

Default So how do I know....

Hey All,

I have just got the start of AF today so my forst cycle off the pill will be approx 28 days. So after the 4-5 days of AF are over with how do I know when I will Ovulate?
    I have been using one of the ovulation calculators and it gives me the standard answer of 14 days - but I didnt really get any EWCM only the thicker white stuff that I could notice.

So I am just wondering of anyone else had any signs or sympt that I could look for?
    I have been talking to my DH and we have made a plan to bed evey 3 or so days in the beggining and evey 2nd over the ovulation period - does this sound ok?
    Sorry of its a stupid question! Stil getting all this stuff sorted out!

Cheers
    Kate

You sometimes you need to check internally to find EWCM, try drinking more water if you don't drink enough, that can help increase EWCM.
    You can also check your cervical position (CP), it will rise and get softer as you approach O day, but it takes a few months to know what you are checking for.
    You can also spend money on OPK (approx $3 per test), can get costly after a few months. Saliva ferning microscope ($85- reuseable), can take a few months to get use to using it correctly.
    Temping will tell you when you have Oed, you need to check your temp first thing in morning before you get up at about the same time everyday with a min of 3 hours continous sleep. Your temp will rise after O. Then during the TWW (luteal phase [LP]) your temp will remain high for about 10-14 days before dropping if AF is due or remaining high if PG.
    Your LP will remain the same (ie 12 days), your O date can be variable, if you have a 28 day cycle you will O on CD16. I have a 29 day cycle, LP of 14 days and O day CD15.
    Or you could just DTD everyday to every 2nd day from CD10 till CD 18, give or take a day to be sure.
    People with a short LP (less than 9 days) sometimes have trouble holding on to the PG.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks Chalotte - your a welth of knowledge!
    Another question what exactly is the luteal phase??
    Cheers
    Kate

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Luteal phase is from the day of ovulation to the day before your next AF...