Thread: sorry, icky question regarding sperm leakage

*Shopaholic* Guest

Default sorry, icky question regarding sperm leakage

Hi All,

Hope this doesn't grose anyone out, but we have been trying to conceive since Oct/Nov 2006 (I know its hasn't been that long) but I find that after BDing, the spermies don't tend to stick around (if ya know what I mean) and there is a fair bit of leakage.

We started to put a pillow under my hip and lie there for at least 1/2 hour after, which stops them from leaking but as soon as I laugh or sneeze, even 2 hours later, I tend to get more leakage.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can get the little guys to hang around a bit longer? or how I can make the CM more thick or stickier? (not a fan of the egg white idea, LOL!)

I've read somewhere that you only need to do it around every 2nd day around O'time, so that it enables enough time for production, but with this leakage, maybe we should be doing it everyday?????

Would appreciate any ideas, or thoughts. Sorry for long post.

Thanks.

I always went to sleep after BDing.. I normally only sleep on my side so I wasnt really moving around for any leakage to occur.

I think they say to BD every 2nd day before O but when you are around O time or in your fertile window, it can be recommended to BD as often as possible. I was doing it every day for a week and fell pg.

Good luck!

Even with the leakage, there will still be some in there to do the job, so try not to worry about keeping it in there. Even after 2 hrs they will be well on there way to their destination. It is also beneficial to go to the toilet after DTD too to clean all the leftovers away kwim?

I head that as well. There will always be some leakage and there will be enough to make it to their destination. I used to think that way as well - you don't want any of it to go to waste LOL!! The joys of it all!!

Hello
    If you are not a fan of the Egg white method, I have read (in 2 seperate books)that taking Robitussin, a cough medicine with Guafenesin in it could increase cervical fluid and making it thinner to better transport sperm. They say 1 - 2 teaspoons a day 3 - 4 days before ovulation. Worth a try it cant hurt anything. Also accupunture can help to increase ovulation. I am well read as have been TTC for 16 months and tryed nearly everything! Good luck

Hi Shopaholic...after sex i would turn around and put my legs high up on the bedhead and ly there for 30 mins or so and hoped gravity would help the little swimmers...we have 2 kids so far and trying for more...good luck

Hi there Shopoholic,

Those little spermatoza are really great swimmers and with every ejaculation there are apparently millions of the little blighters so I wouldn't worry about any leakage. As Sherie said it is also a good thing and highly recommended to go pee pee after doing the deed as this helps to prevent all those yukky infections we lucky females can end up with. Swimmers actually live for around three days after being "inserted" and so doing the deed every second day around ovulation would be the way to go. Also "boy" swimmers don't live as long as "girl" swimmers apparently, so if you work it out properly you might have a better chance of the sex you desire!! GOOD LUCK!!

Anita

HI,
    I don't think you have much to worry about. Don't forget it's not just sperm leaking out, your probably contributing to the lekage from your own bodys CM. If your worried wait the half hour and then go to the loo, it makes you feel better. I was lucky and wasn't trying very long at all. We didn't bed everyday but I was on holidays and pretty relaxed as well so I guess that's more important than anything.

Good luck, keep trying, don't forget it will happen when it happens, It can take some healthy couples 12months.

Yeah i agree with the others keep doing the pillow thing that will be enough time to get plenty on there way.....

You dont want sticky cm as that isnt fertile for the spermies... But a few girls have said drinking green tea can increase your cm.. Have you decided if you would like to temp??? Then you will have a better idea of when you will o.. we did the day every second night for a week or so and fell pg with angel..