Thread: Sperm Question

Default Sperm Question

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question but here goes after sex my dh sperm sometimes comes out of me. I've tried laying on my back for an hour after sex but still the same result. Is he producing a big amount for me to take in? Am I'm loosing too many of his swimmers & thats why I'm not getting pg.

Does anyone else have this experience?

Red face ohhh

hello-yes i had the same thing happen and then i started putting a big pillow under my hips and my legs up high like riding a bike in the air...hahhahah and it worked i got pregnant that month,-well this last month-i just found out....
    give it a go and let me know how u go.
    baby dust to u!!!

Hi,

I think this happens to all women. It gets shot a fair way up there (sorry if that's a bit crude) and there are millions and millions in one tiny weeny drop so there would be plenty still inside you. But I think the pillow suggestion is a good one. It's always worth encouraging them to swim the right way I've heard that pelvic floor exercises on your back with your pelvis tilted ie with a pillow can help too. good luck!

I have tried the pillow under the hips & I then started to get pains in the lower belly so I stopped. I now lay on my back for an hour minimum & this doesnt cause me any pain.

Thanks for that ladies.

slyder Guest

Sam, it's perfectly normal. Semen is initially thick when ejaculated, but after a short amount of time becomes runny in consistency. No matter what you do, you'll never be able to hang on to all of it, and it won't affect your fertility at all.

However, as you have eben TTC for about 3.5 years, it would probably be a good idea to get some preliminary testing done on both of you if you haven't already (I note the laparoscopy) to make sure everything is OK.