Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotting at 5DPO

Default Spotting at 5DPO

So I normally only get spotting right before AF shows up but she isn't due for a visit until next week. Today I had a bit of spotting and although I know this can be normal it still freaked me out a bit.

It didn't look anything like my normal spotting either(Sorry if this is TMI but it was darker, more dilute, and .....ahem.... not just blood) so it weirded me out even further. I read that although implantation usually occurs around 7DPO it can occur as early as 5DPO and as late as 12DPO. I'm at 5DPO today, could this be implantation spotting?

I'm feeling really bloated and cranky and my back is KILLING me (residual car accident injury) and poor DH is being really sweet to me. I just want this week to end so I can test already.

I had to tell my boss today that I could be pregant (so she wouldnt' make me take x-rays or anything like that) and she made me feel really dumb. She asked me why I thought I was and then told me my reasoning wasn't very scientific and I felt like crawling under a rock. I also told my chiropractor so he wouldn't use the massage machine on me and I think i embarassed him a little.

I may feel a bit stupid right now but I don't know if I am or not and until I find out I have to be cautious and act like I am right?

There is nothing wrong with Caution!! Good luck, I hope you get a BFP!!!

Thanks Elly, I feel less stupid now :)

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Twin Sister, I would definately err on the side of caution if you thinkn there is a possibility of you being pregnant! Your employer could hav been a little more understanding!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you are! please keep us posted in this thread!!!!

Thanks Relle. You guys are so sweet it really does make me feel better.

I don't think my boss even realizes she's so harsh sometimes. She often says things that are meant in teasing but they come accross so mean sometimes I get really upset. I think she really wants kids but is in her early 40's and single so she feels she's missed the boat. I know she'll be happy for me when I announce it (thinking positive here LOL)but maybe she's a bit envious that I could be and she's not.

Grrr at your boss, how insensitive. Hopefully it was implantation bleeding/spotting. I have everything crossed that you will be telling us you got a BFP very soon.

Thanks Kazz

Huge temperature dip today and more weird spotting. I'm still above the coverline but I'm getting nervous now. Please please let it go back up tomorrow.

Good Luck TS, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Temp dip could be implantation as well

Sasika Guest

hi there twin sister,

i think its really hard to tell people at work especially your boss- whats happening. i really relate to the feelings your are having- feeling dumb or a bit stupid. I want to encourage you to stand your ground and just do what your heart tells you to. I have endometriosis and my boss from last job used to make wise cracks at me if a had time off- which used to happen every month- he would say oh so you decided to come to work today did u? I resigned, it was very upsetting.

At the moment we are TTC and i have just had a laparoscopy and I am healing well. People are very hard to read soemtimes and its difficult to judge whether its the "right" time to tell...
    best to you and I hope u have good news really soon and ME too for that matter!
    Xfingers crossedX

Thanks Sasika. I really appreicate it. I'm sorry to hear your last boss was a bit of a jerk (kind of like mine can be) and I'm glad you got out of there (I owudl have too). I hope you got a much better job with an understanding boss and even more I hope your laparoscopy was successful and that you have good news really soon!

I'm really hoping my weird spotting and low temp today are implantation. 5 more days to test. It's really great to have you guys to talk to since I know you understand. Thanks so much.

I'm afraid AF might be here really really early. The spotting was almost gone yesterday and I woke up toay and it's pretty heavy. It's on and off and not nearly as heavy as AF but I think it may be her starting up. She's not due for another 5 days so I'm pretty upset but not much I can do. I'm still hoping it will stop though.

It's AF for sure. I don't get why she showed up so early (started spotting at 5DPO and started at 8DPO) but not much I can do.

Yesterday DH was nice and said "that's ok, it just means we get to have fun trying next month" but today when I said it's for sure AF, I dont get why I'm so early he was all mean and told me to " *$#& get over it already it's not the end of the world, we only tried once, what were you expecting".

I know it's not the end of the world but I'm not carrying on or anything. I'm just a bit sad/dissapointed. I know it can take months or even years to conceive and I know we only just started trying, but that doesn't make it any less disspointing each time AF comes.

EDIT: DH just called and apologized. He was runnign late for work and a bit stressed and he took it out on me. All is well.
    Last edited by Twin Sister; September 30th, 2006 at 02:13 AM.

perthmum Guest

Hey twin sister, sorry if it is AF. Maybe same with me, its just really early. Damn it!! Good luck next month!!

TS, Sorry AF arrived Its only natural for you to feel sad and dissapointed...I hope you get your BFP next month hun....Good luck

Hi TS,

Sorry AF showed her ugly head, best get lots of bding in this month, hope you get that BFP soon!

Thanks guys. I just don't get why she was so early.

Twin Sister,
    Is it correct that you have charted for 6 cycles and only been TTC for one of them? I was looking at your chart.

I noticed you had some very short cycle- 15 days in total- have you spoken to a doctor about these?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast