Thread: Starting TTC but Confused about Ovulation Periods and comong off the pill..

Default Starting TTC but Confused about Ovulation Periods and comong off the pill..

Hello Eveyone!
    Im new to this forum and new to the whole TTC thing! But very excited!

I have a question that Im sure you will all be able to help me out with!

I have stopped the pill as of Friday and am now on to the "white" pills - so its my menstuation cycle starts Saturday on the packet - but usually I dont accually "bled" till Late Monday or Tuesday.

So my question is - When wil my ovulation period be? I have read that it is approx 14 days after the first day of your period - but as I am only just coming off the pill NOW I dont know which day to take my first day of my period as! Do I take it as Saturday as it states on the pill packet or do I take it form the day that I start to bleed?

I know that I prob will not get pregnant this month as I have just stopped taking the pill (Yasim) but I would like to get it right in my mond just incase it decided to happen!!

Anyway sorry for the long post!!

Cheers
    Kate

Kate - you take the first day as the first day you actually bleed. And not everyone ovs 14 days after, it can be anywhere from 6 to 20 days!! Just to make it harder to predict! I think 14 is just the average in a 28 day cycle. That's also going to make it harder for you as you won't know how long your natural cycle is now. The 1st time I went off the pill it was regular 28 days, but this time it was anything from 25 to 30 - very irregular. makes it tricky to know when you ov so I ended up taking temperature to find out.

Depending which pill you've been on, some docs recommend you are off it for a couple of months before TTC to get your hormones back on track. I've also heard but don't know if it's true, that if you do conceive straight after coming off pill that you increase your chances of twins!

Hope all this has helped a little!

Thanks Dee!

I wwnt and saw my local GP and she said that I can try straight away after stopping the pill - I was on Yasmin.

My husband and I are not concerned when we concieve so we can activly try this month and if it happens great if not then I can focus on reading my body and my natural cycle!

Thanks for your help! It all seems a little over whelming at times!

I just want to have fun trying and it will happen when it happens!!!

I ovulate anywhere from day 15 - day 18 (very frustrating) and only know because I am temping and using OPKs (and also having scans because I'm doing AC). So I would use one or all to work it out, because some peopler ovulate a lot later.

I came off the pill (for PCOS) and started my first IUI cycle, my FS didn't think it would hinder chances (though I had my doubts). I had a chem. pregnancy, which I don't know if it had anything to do with the pill, but it happened. My SIL also said she got pregnant with our neice first cycle off the pill, and same with a friend... dunno if its true, but I doubt it would be very far off the truth.

Thanks Alisia,

Really helps tp talk on a forum like this - especially when none of my freinds or familiy know that we are about to try! Somtimes I feel like I am going to expolde as I like to talk about it and my Husband must be sick to death of me and my baby brain! hehehe!
    Its great to talk to ppl who have been there or are also there now!
    Thanks agin!

I think it's nice to just have fun for a few months without getting stressed about "trying" or timing. Go for it like rabbits and just see what happens!! LOL. You can always get more serious in a few months if nothing's happened.

Got AF today so I am getting closer to the time where we can start!!

Fingers crossed that it happens ASAP as its all I think about!! But Ill still have lots of fun trying!!

Kafer_Girl,
    Hi there, can I join in, cause I know what its like to be all baby brained out! I have been for a few years now. My husband took a fair bit of convincing to start TTC, but 2 weeks ago he said it was time I started taking baby suppliments! And I can't stop thinking about it. I want to talk about it, but like you we are not telling anyone that we are going to start TTC soon.
    I find myself googling a few times a day. I found a site that explained what will happen to you and the bubs week by week all the way up till birth. I started crying when they tell you the detail of the baby's growth. I cant wait to feel our little bubis in my tummy, but I also get a bit anxious cause I don't know if I will handle pregnancy and birth well. You know after all those years of mean, nasty women telling you their pregnancy, birth horror stories.

As for the pill, I am Logynon ED. I came off it about a 2 years ago, and I fell pregnant and lost the baby at 6 weeks. But it was about 11 months after stopping the pill that I fell, although we weren't trying for a buby then. All I know is that I loved my natural cycle... I got my libido back and I felt so great. I am 30 now, and I found my cycle after coming off the pill after 12 years straight, went to a 29 day cycle every month and just like always I still got mid cycle pain, which I was told was the time I was ovulating. So I am praying that when I come off the pill this time, i will have that natural cycle back and the mid cycle pain is still their so that I have an easy way of knowing I am ovulating.

Sorry, for the long post...
    puppies