Thread: strange pains

nikita Guest

Default strange pains

Hi guys,

I am new to these forums and am on my first month of TTC.

I am currently 2 days past ovulation (I think).

Anyway, I have been having strange cramp like pains since about CD 7. I am on CD 14 now, so I have had the pains for a whole week. They are very low, like AF pain, but feel a little different to AF pain. I don't think it can be O pain, as I always O about CD 12-14, and O pain is usually on one side, wheras this pain is on both sides. We started to BD around CD 7, and that's when the pain started. So I am worried something is wrong. I read in another post something about your body taking time to get used to sperm (even though I have been on the pill, DH feels more comfortable pulling out before you know what...and since I have been off the pill we have been abstaining) so could my body be rejecting the sperm (we have BD'ed every day since CD 7) as it isn't used to it, and could this be causing the pain? Or am I being paranoid??

I might have to go to the doctor and ask, but the pain isn't really very bad at all so I thought I might ask here first and see if anybody has any ideas.

Thanks girls!

Hi Nikita

Not 100% sure what you're pains are but my story is very similar to yours (I am even 2 DPO as well and got my first coverline this morning)!!!

I was 9 years on the pill and hubby still insisted on using the withdrawal method as well just to be on the safe side but once we got married three years ago we relied on the pill only and will be starting TTC next February.

The first few months his semen gave me an internal burning sensation which I think was my body's way of getting used to his semen. This only lasted 2-3 months but I dont remember any pains accompanying this but then again, as I said, it was three years ago and dont remember.

Depending on the severity of the pain and the duration of the pain, I might suggest going to the doctor by the end of the week if it isnt settling down. I have also heard of some women being "allergic" the semen but I'm sure this is very uncommon.

Good luck with everything

I have been getting pains on and off since about 3 days b4 i oed.. The day before ff said i oed they just hurt on the RHS now i have pulling and cramping on and off both sides at different levels of pain more sharp and only get it once or twice then nothing till 3hrs later.. Also soem just dull pains that last 5 mins or so then stop.. I also dont know what it is but could be your body just adjusting to being off the pill and or oing and or ttc..

Wishing you all the best on your journey and i hope you get a BFP really soon hey also YAY on the coverline i was beside myself when i got one....

Nikita I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say I am experiencing the same thing. Pains on both sides just near my hips. I have been wondering what they are. This is my second month off the pill, first month I didn't have it but now I do.

First month off the pill I suspect I had an early miscarriage due to having 2 hpt +ve but then -ve's after that. So I was getting worried theses pains may have had something to do with that but since others are experience similar pain maybe not to do with miscarrige.

nikita Guest

Thanks for your replies guys. I still have the pains, and they are worse tonight, really alot like AF pain now. So I am really not sure what's going on, as I was pretty sure I O'ed on the weekend, I had EWCM on Sat and Sun and now it's stopped. I have never had O pain like this before, it's only ever been on the one side and never lasts long. Some months I don't even notice it, it's just when I am paying attention to my body that I have noticed the slight pains around O time. I have been off the pill for a few months now so I have been paying alot more attention to my cycles since then.

So I don't think it's O pain, but I am not sure what it is. I will go to the doctor if it doesn't go away. It surely can't be a sign I'm pregnant this early?? (wishful thinking!)

My pains turned out to be cos i was pg fingers crossed its the same for you

nikita Guest

Quote Originally Posted by janeo View Post
    My pains turned out to be cos i was pg fingers crossed its the same for you
    Congratulations!!!!! That's fantastic news!!

Did your pains continue right after ovulation?
    Last edited by nikita; October 24th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.

Yep even getting them right now different to af pains but type of cramping too... a friend who is due to feb had cramps all the way up to about 14-15 weeks she was sooo worried she was losing the baby she didnt tell anyone until she had had the 12 weeks ultrasound...

nikita Guest

Well that's sounds promising! I still have cramps this morning, they kind of feel like a pulling sensation, it's hard to explain. And this morning when I was driving to work, I had these little sharp stabbing pains that would last for a second or two, then disappear, then come back. And they were on both sides. I am just having difficulty believing it could be anything though, as I am only 3 DPO! But if you had them so close to O'ing aswell then that is promising!!

Hey Nikita

Have you had anymore of these strange pains??

I'm currently having strange pains, they are like AF cramps but WAY too early for that. They are very low, behind my hips and more on the right side and when I walk/move tends to hurt a bit more - maybe like pulling? When I get O pains its more of a stitch and a bit higher. Or maybe its just another form of O pains - who knows!!

Your body could be getting used to Oing again. But I had very faint AF pains after I Oed and I was preggers!!! I then got AF type pains for the first trimester every time my AF would have been due.

All the best

nikita Guest

Hi girls,

Just an update from me, I continued to get the pains up until about 7 DPO, when I had sharper pain on my right side (which I was hoping was implantation). Ever since then I have had slight cramping and twinging . Anyway, I did a test and I got a BFP!!!!! So yep, they were symptoms!!

Woohoo nikita!!

I am hoping that I am going to get the same!! ATM I have an ache down low and I found some pinkish cm today.. I hope my AF type O pains means I am heading for a BFP too!

nikita Guest

I hope so too Ngala!!! Good luck! It sounds really promising!

Congratulations Nikita, all the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy! Fingers cross, Veronica