Thread: Tampons

Default Tampons

:-k Ok the question is should you use tampons does it intfere with TTC my MIL has been telling me that the bleach used in them can cause probs with some women. I have been using Tampons since I was about 13 started off on pads until it got to awkward. so nearly 9 years does anyone know anything about the affects other than toxic shock

kjorgo1 Guest

I have heard that it can cause problems but I have never ever heard of anyone who has (not on TV and not personally). I used tampons for about 10-11 years and concieved # 1 in 6 months and #2 on first attempt so I think it hasn't had any affect on me. I think it is not very likely for this to happen as long as they are changed regularly and not left in at night.

Good luck with TTC!!

H&K
    Jorja

Melinda Guest

I have never heard of this being a problem. I used tampons for years as well and had no problems conceiving.

I've never heard of it either :-k

I guess that's MIL's for ya then trying to put there 2 cents worth in heehehehe opps sshhh better go hide now

Sounds like something my mil would say - she is sooooo anti tampons!!

I haven't had any problems - hopefully you won't either!!

Best wishes

Sal Guest

I've heard something like this - my ex-SIL stopped using tampons for this reason. The 'scientific' reasons she gave me seemed veeeerrrryyy flimsy, so I wouldn't put any stock in it. It's the sort of story that probably flew around on the internet and scared women enough to cause a perpetuating myth.

I'm sure your MIL means well, though 8-[

I haven't heard of this either.

I have occassionally over the years wondered about this - but havent discovered any evidence to support it.

I'm sure there was a junk email going around about this years ago, and I think it may have been on tv but was an inconclusive result.

My MIL's latest get pregnant scheme is Im not allowed any panadol at all under no cicumstances

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by becky23
    My MIL's latest get pregnant scheme is Im not allowed any panadol at all under no cicumstances
    You can take Paracetamol. It's fine.

good caus I really need one right now I hat AF so much

Default reply

As far as I know it doesnt effect you, I used them and never had trouble either.

You can get the all natural cotton ones, or the ones that have a good firm protection cover around them. good luck