Thread: Temps in early pregnancy

Carys Guest

Default Temps in early pregnancy

Is it possible to be pregnant but your temp to go down to just above the coverline? Reason for asking is last week, at two days late for AF i did a HPT and got a feint positive, went to the drs and got a feint positive there too. Dr gave me a blood test form which i was going to do on Thursday but on Wednesday I started bleeding, not heavy, but went for three days so I figured thats it, Im out, must have had an early m/c. Anyway, last couple of days have had cramp sort of feeling in my stomach and bb's sore so did another HPT yesterday and got another feint positive. Problem is that my temp is sitting at only 36.6 for the last three days?

Thanks,
    Carys

Cary's I have just got BFP last night and this morning and my temps went a bit funny too. Click on my ticker and have a look at my temps. I think I was on 36.6 for a couple of days too.

Carys Guest

Thanks alot for your reply. I'm going to get the blood test done today so should know by tomorrow for sure. The temp is the only thing that has had me doubting.

Carys Guest

No idea whats going on... I had a blood test and the Dr said that the levels were very low and my bleeding last week would indicate that I have miscarried (very early). Anyway, today I've still got mild cramps on and off and had one HPT left out of a two pack so did it when I got home from work and sure enough its come up with a feint positive, but darker feint than last week..

Is it possible that this is just the pregnancy hormone still leaving my system? My temp is still sitting at 36.6, which is higher than normal for first half of cycle and still just above coverline.

If it is, then i'm definitely not testing next month until im a week or even two weeks late for AF... the stress of knowing there's a pregnancy then losing it early is way too high, would rather not know and just think i got AF a couple of days late.

Hey,
    I read recently that the HCG in your blood disappears very quickly compared to your urine, where it can be detected for longer if your levels decline.

So sorry!!

I have my fingers crossed tho.

Tanya

Hey Carys - if you are above the coverline then its still a possibilty and the fact that you are still "feeling" a bit pg and the line is getting darker i would be going back for another BT - the hCG levels are supposed to double every 48 hrs so who knows - you might still be pg - or you might have had a twin pg and lost one - but do go back to the dr and get another bt to be sure... good luck!!!

Carys Guest

I think Im going to have to sit it out a week and then go for another bt. My temp for today is now 36.7, so still sitting above coverline and I definitely havent ovulated, OPK's have all shown a second line all week, but not as dark as control line.

Carys.

might be an idea to ask for a scan as well as a blood test - just to see what's going on

BW

Carys Guest

Have done a further HPT and got a definite BFN, so know for sure that I did miscarry when I had the bleeding and cramping (as the doctor said), which would have been 4w 3d. It just took a week and a half for the hcg to leave my system.

Going to give it another try this cycle, but definitely wont be testing til at least a week late for AF.

Carys.

Carys

So sorry to hear of BFN and the m/c.

Hope this cycle is better for you.

Don't mean to hijack the your post Carys, but AJ I've just seen your ticker!! Congrats on the preganancy!! After everything that you've been through this is the best news.

Saf