Thread: Theme parks while in the TWW?

Default Theme parks while in the TWW?

According to FF, I Oed on Thursday, pretty much while I was on a plane up to Queensland for a two week holiday. Yay me, right? Maybe not...

We've just been given tickets for Movieworld for Saturday (Scott's birthday)... I want to go on rides, etc. while we're there, but what if we did manage to catch the egg? I'm sure it would hinder implantation, having my stomach drop every ten seconds, wouldn't it?

But what if we didn't, and I miss out on having fun for the sake of a non-existent baby?

Should I go on some rides, or should I stay safe on the ground? I haven't been to Movieworld since I was 12, so I don't even know what rides (if any!) are even there!

9DPO would be too early for a test to rule it out, wouldn't it?

Ah hun, I would do it. As you said I'm sure you would be kicking yourself if you don't catch that eggie and you miss out on all that fun! And even if you do get pg this cycle, I doubt the rides would impact all that much. The egg would be all tucked up safe and sound in it's little nest inside you.

I think it would be fine hun, I'd do it. By that stage it's smaller than a pin head, and your uterus and tummy will cushion an possible bub perfectly, it wont move around or fall out, so I say enjoy yourself!

I doubt that a ride would make any difference to implantation but if it could I think it just as likely that it could jump the egg into the right place as out of it.

I had a friend of mine who was TTC and she reckons that both times she found out she was pregnant she had actually been to Dreamworld in those 1st few weeks before she knew! Movie world is great, there are a couple of really good rides. Superman is great!! I think you should have fun and go on the rides!

Have fun and enjoy yourself! I don't think you can knock it around at all to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    I doubt that a ride would make any difference to implantation but if it could I think it just as likely that it could jump the egg into the right place as out of it.
    Good point!

Thanks all I was just kicking myself because I'd planned to suggest we go on the day before we leave (give it as much time as possible) then half an hour later I said "why don't we go for your birthday?" silly lady

PS - Anyone else notice that the shakehead smiley spits or something at the end? WTH is that?

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

From what I've been told the chances of a teensy tiny pin head baby being dislodged in a uterus are about the same as it falling out of peanut butter once it's pushed in, so pretty much none. Go, have fun, and scream on rides

Oh my goodness, it does too! I got confused at first and read that as snakehead but now I get you. weeeeiiiird

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I would do it and have fun, as you would kick your self if you didnt and you are not preg. As others have said at implantation bubs is so tiny that is VERY well protected and padded.

Have fun and go on superman and lethal weapon for me!!! LOVE them!! Hmm and wild wild west LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TeniBear View Post
    PS - Anyone else notice that the shakehead smiley spits or something at the end? WTH is that?
    I always though it was making that 'tut tut' noise - I hate it, its looking at me and I feel like its saying 'I'm VERY disappointed in you!'

in my IVF 2ww which I knew the sperm had caught the eggy lol (this one) I went to movie world, and wet n wild and its still going strong so I say go for it and have fun Because if you did catch the egg its going to be a long wait till you get to go on the rides again hehe

I went to Dreamworld 3 days before I foud out I was pregnant, well after the TWW. lol

I went on the giant drop 9 times over two days, and all is fine

Not ideal perhaps, but fine I would imagine.

Like the others have said, just do it and have fun I can't see how it would affect anything at all.... different if you were well into your pregnancy though of course!
    I wondered this when I was ttc DD at one stage too, so i'm sure lots of us think it at one stage

I did the TWW with DD whilst 'doing' Queenstown....she's pretty OK
    Hope you have a great time hun!

I was 13 wks pg with #4 and went on the log ride at Dreamworld.......i kinda questioned it whilst half way up the ramp in this tiny little log....

Have fun, and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !!!!

I agree, enjoy yourself!