Thread: Thermometers

Janie Guest

Default Thermometers

Is there a particular brand or type that is best to get? Any recommendations?

Thanks girls
    Jane

Most people just buy your run of the mill digital thermometer from the local chemist from around $10

Love

Janie Guest

Wow, I'm so new to this. I really thought there would be a special one that would cost $$$$.

Thanks for your help.

Normal themometers didnt work for me , my temp looks so eratic, I swapped over to an ear themometer and it works wonders.

Bel

I started using a digital one but changed to a normal mercury one because I think it was a little more accurate. Be very careful if you break the mercury one like I did once!

I just got a normal digital one from the chemist for $7.50

i started with a run of the mill cheapy and that worked alright - better when i started using Vaginally - not so tempermental with outside temp or if i slept with my mouth open but it wasn't back lit or have a memory so would have to get up to got to the toilet to check it and i would be fully awake afterwards so went and got a BBT one that has a memory and is back lit so i can stay snuggling in be - was only $29 or so....

Janie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    i started with a run of the mill cheapy and that worked alright - better when i started using Vaginally - not so tempermental with outside temp or if i slept with my mouth open but it wasn't back lit or have a memory so would have to get up to got to the toilet to check it and i would be fully awake afterwards so went and got a BBT one that has a memory and is back lit so i can stay snuggling in be - was only $29 or so....
    This is the one that I just bought. I thought it would probably cost this much. I got a digital BBT one and it even comes with a chart to get me started (which will be good as I am o/s this month so probably won't be able to do it on FF).

Thanks for the tips girls!

Good luck with it Janie hope that your trip goes well and you have some great news for us when you get back...

Fee Guest

Janie, I also made sure to buy a BBT thermometer which is meant to be used especially for fertility charting. It's working well I think!

It's BD brand and was $27.40 but marked down to $21.95.

Amanda Mason Guest

Ok this might seem like a really stupid question, but when you test your temp vaginally, how do you know you got the termometer in the correct position, i.e how far to you insert it.. Sorry if TMI 8-[

Amanda Mason Guest

BIN 123

"Normal themometers didnt work for me , my temp looks so eratic, I swapped over to an ear themometer and it works wonders."

Is this accurate??