Thread: Too scared to do a HPT........

Default Too scared to do a HPT........

I am currently CD32, my last two cycles were 29 days. I am 15 DPO. (I used ovulation predictor and got a positive on day CD16).

The thing is usually about 5 days before AF is due i get cramping, nothing major just a little, it goes and comes to let me know AF is coming. (lucky me).
    Well this time i got no cramping until yesterday morning and it was for the whole day, again it wasnt major pain, i could have easily ingnored it, but you know how it is in the TWW, any slight symptom is noticable. It just felt different too normal AF cramps.

Anyways i noticed some CM, slight brown - just a few drops yesterday, but nothing today. No cramps today either.
    Was really exhuasted last night, went to bed 8pm.

I dont know if i am reading too much into this, but we have been TTC for 12 months, have had all the test inlcluding a laparacsopy and have been given the all clear.

Anyways i did do a HPT (a cheap one of lullaby webiste) last night and it did come up BFN. But was too scared to do a test this morning.
    I know i am not supposed to test at night - but i felt so crap that i actually thought i would be preg. (this is the first HPT i have done in about 6 mths)

Im thinking of holding testing - just wait and see. I just dont want to be dissapointed with another "one line" result.
    Is this normal?????????

Plus i havent told DH, i just told him feels like AF is on the way. I dont want to get his hopes up i guess.

Does anyone know what HCG levels should be, say at 15 days past O????

Oh Sammy it certainly sounds promising sweety. You should know better than to test at night. The girls on Maternal.com tried to get me to test at night but I waited until the morning.

Good luck and I really hope you get your BFP in the morning. Then you can join our belly buddies.

good luck sammy its hard isnt it.........test tomorrow morning see what happens you have nothing to loose or go to your GP and just have a chat. good luck though sounds good. O

Sammy Sammy Sammy........I could have written this exact same post myself...i've had the funny cramps, off and on, but different to when AF is coming. Plus i've had the brownish spots of blood today. Plus i did a HPT yesterday and it cam up negative. Plus i'm too scared to test again as well.......

I'm just going to try and chill out and see what happens. I too don't want the disappointment of seeing only one line again.....

Fingers crossed that we both get BFP's

A BFN doesn't always mean you're not pg, so wait a couple more days and test then. I think there's a post in one of the pg discussion boards about hCG levels - in the first trimester discussion one - maybe that can help?
    ETA - from that thread:
    Weeks Post LMP / Approximate HCG
    3 - 4w: 9 - 130
    4 - 5w: 75 - 2,600
    5 - 6w: 850 - 20,800
    6 - 7w: 4,000 - 100,200

Best of luck to you and Shan!

As you can see from my ticker...i'm out for this months, so i'ts all yours Sammy...go for it girl....good luck

Thanks for the support guys.

Sorry Shan that AF has arrived. Why do our bodies do this to us?????

I got a few drops of spotting late yesterday, not much, then a little more this morning. I guess i am now expecting the :af: any time now.

I am so over all this...................its too bloody difficult.

I know exactly how you feel hun.....