Thread: Trying for a bub

Red face Trying for a bub

Hi,
    This is my first time with this forum. I have been off the pill now for one month. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the pill out of your system?

Thanks

Bree

It is an indiviual thing. I fell PG first month after coming off the pill, but lost it at 10 weeks. Since then my cycles have been a regualr 29 days. Some women find it takes thier bodies several months to get back to normal.

Hi there and welcome to BB , hope you TTC is a short one.

Hi,
    This is my first forum so i'm really not sure what I am doing. Thankyou for your warm welcome.

Welcome to BB. I fell pg with DD1 after 3 months being off BCP!

Goodluck and hope ur TTC journey isnt a long one!

I was advised by my endocrinologist when I came off the BCP that it takes 6 weeks for the hormones to get out of your system.

I had AF return 35 days after stopping the BCP, so my body may have taken a little less time.

Usual advice is to wait 3 cycles before TTC after coming off the BCP to make sure things have returned to normal. We waited the 3 cycles - and concieved on the third cycle but lost the baby.

Hope your TTC journey is a short and successful one!
    Welcome to BB.
    TICKLISH

I was on the pill for about 16 years and got pregnant in the second month after I stopped taking it! Was a bit of a surprise actually!!!

Welcome to BB. I think everyone is different. I fell pregnant after 4 months being off the pill.

smiles4u Guest

Smile

They use to say it would take anything up to 6mths.

Not sure if that still stands.

I was off the pill for about 3yrs before I met my partner and stayed off it eva since.

It took us 2 & a half yrs to concieve BUT then I was in my late 30's by then (our daughter is now 20mths ).

I have TWO friends who only went off the pill for a mth or two and fell pregnant with their 1st bub. One ws 24yrs & the other 26yrs old. They had their healthy bubs.

Sending you lots of luck

Hey Bree! Welcome to BB, all the best with TTC
    Youre welcome to pop into the TTC thread, I'm currently in the TTC 1-6mths one

Hi Bree,

Welcome to BB

I went off the Pill in March 2007, 6mths prior to our wedding as we were to start ttc in September 2007 straight after our wedding.... so i was off the pill for 6mths when i fell pregnant first try, however it wasn't meant to be and i had an early m/c.... since then, we're still trying, and it's been 3mths.... onto fourth cycle ttc now..... I think it's because of the m.c though that i am not pregnant yet. I don't thnk it's because of the pill....
    I believe the pill leaves your body probably within a couple of cycles.... everybody is different.... I wish your ttc is a short one for you. GL!

Smile welcome to BB

hi Bree,
    my DS was concieved while ON BCP! and i have two good friends who fell pregnant first month off, several times each! that said we've been ttc #2 for 7 mths now
    GL and hope ur ttc journey is short
    Last edited by cateblu; January 21st, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: sounded strange!

Hi Bree

I was on the pill for 11 years, came off, had one cycle then decided to TTC, got preggers 2nd month of trying, we were very surprised that it happened so quickly, same happened with one of my friends (twice) and each first month coming off BCP. I was on a low dosage pill but have no idea if that makes a difference.

Goodluck TTC and hopefully it is a short journey to your BFP!!

I've never been off the pill. But I've had friends fall pregnant only months after coming off it. But everyone is different. You could see a GP just to get yourself checked if you don't get a BFP after a few months! Good luck