Thread: Trying to Conceive

Default Trying to Conceive

Hi, this is all new to me so excuse me if I come across as a bit of a dill. I'll get the hang of it!

I have just turned 39 and my partner and I are trying to conceive for the first time. Many people have told me I'm too old and many people have told me to go for it. Are there any comments from anyone?

I have been on the contraception pill for a number of years. We have been trying for 2 months without success so far. Are there any ladies out there my age who are trying to conceive?

Daizy

JoDan Guest

Daizy,

I have a friend who I work with in this situation, perhaps you two could be comfort for each other. She isn't on this forum though, so if you would like to chat with her, send me an email and I will talk to her about it.

Hi Daizy.

It's not impossible to have a baby at your age - in the UK we have a lot of "older" mothers, and you're not that old to have a baby normally, it just may take a little longer than you first wanted. I've seen first-time mums who are 50 when they give birth and someone who was on HRT in her late 40s to have a baby she wanted (though she had to be careful which HRT she was on).

Best of luck to you!

Default Trying to Conceive

Thank you ladies, I appreciate your views.

A number of people I have spoken to do not think 39 is too late to try and conceive. If it is meant to be, it will be!! It might just take a little patience along the way.

Moved to Conception General Discussion.

Hi Daizy,

I know a couple who are in their mid to late 40's and have just given birth to TWINS!! so believe me, it can happen, Like the other girls have said, it may take a bit longer but there is no reason why you cant fall pregnant!

Good luck

Lizzie33 Guest

Hi Daizy, You are definately NOT too old - I have several friends in your position, all have fell pregnant with their 1st child between the ages of 38 and 42, so don't lose heart. I myself am fast approaching 34 and trying for my first. It's just the trend these days, for whatever reason...but to answer your question, no, you are not too old. Good luck and let us know how you go!!

Cheers, girl, its nice to know there is a lot of support out there. Thank you so much for your kind wishes. Will keep on keeping on, as they say!

Hi Daizy,
    You are not too old!
    Look after yourself, your diet, exercise.
    I am a big believer in supplementation (woman and man)
    Herbs and opk's.
    I wish you truck loads of baby dust!

lots of love,
    Deb dust:

Thanks, Deb, for your comment. Its so good to get positive feedback.

A couple of acquaintances have slipped the odd comment to me in the past that with my age (being 39 now) I had better hurry up, or I am getting on a bit and should really think about it in depth as to whether I really want to have a baby at 40 (that will be the age I would be if all goes well).

I feel a lot better since I have joined up with bellybelly as I have had such nice positive responses from people and it really gives you a good boost to the system.

Thanks so much for your comments.

Daizy.

hi daizy

you are not to old!

i am 37 and will be 38 when this bubs is born, mind you its number6 for me, but this is my first with my 2nd husband,and my last child was 8 years ago. It did take me a bit longer to conceive this time around, just be paitent, and positive and your time will come. :flower:

Thanks, Chrissy. Wow number 6. Good luck and all the best.

Daizy.

I say go for it, don't worry about anything negative anyone else has to say. There is always someone who will tell you that you are too young/too old, you have too many kids, your kids are too close together/too far apart. You just have to do what is right for you.

My old boss just had her 5th child at the age of 45, everything was fine.

Artechim, thank you for your positive response.
    Daizy.