Thread: TTC

Default TTC

Hello, i know this probably sounds silly, but it's all very new to me so wondering if anyone can answer a few questions.
    I finally got my appoint for the gynae and have been told i have endometriosis and it can affect your fertility. We have to be actively ttc for a year before they can tell if this has affected my fertility, so since we are in our mid-late 20's we are trying for a baby.
    We have been ttc for a month since i got off the pill. I have been on the pill for years and i'm used to my period coming every 21 days. Do you count the days in your cycle from the first or last day of your period to the first day of the next period, or how does this work.? And when in your cycle are you most fertile.? i would appreciate any help.
    Bo.

Hi Bo - Cycle day 1 is the first day of your period. Have you had a look at the Fertility Friend site? This is a good way to learn about your body. I gave it a go when I first started on here, and it was very helpful. To work out when you are most fertile, temping with a Basal Thermometer, observing Cervical Mucous and using Ovulation Predictor Kits are good. You can chart all of these things on Fertility Friend, so that after a few cycles you might start to see a pattern.
    Check out the TTC threads, they are fabulous for talking things through with others who are going through the same thing.
    good luck.