Thread: TTC 4 months

Default TTC 4 months

Hello, am new to forums so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Julia and I am 26 years old. My DH and I have decided to start a family, I stopped taking the pill 4 months ago but my body is still trying to establish a normal cycle. Am starting to get a little disheartened, just wondering about how long it takes generally.
    Any info would be great!

Hi Julia,

Welcome to BB. Having not been able to take the pill since I was a teenager, I'm no help. But, please feel free to join us in the TTC 1 - 6 month thread. I'm sure the lovely ladies in there will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Celsie. xoxox

Hi Julia
    Welcome and hope your stay is a short one in the TTC threads - as Celsie says I recommend you join the 1-6mths thread as the ladies there are lovely. I came off the pill in Sept 2005 and had my first 'real' period in January - then my cycles have been 69 days and 86 days (I think) so please do not worry that things have not got regular yet as it is very common for it to take 6mths or more for your hormones to settle down.

There are ladies here with many different stories so just remember we are all individuals and all very different. Hope this helps, wishing you loads of luck.

Just moved to General Conception forums

Hi Julia,
    Welcome to the rollercoaster journey of TTC. They say it can take up to 6 months for the pill to get out of your system and to establish a regular cycle. Every single woman is different and takes a different amount of time to get regular. Not much help huh.

As for me I've been off the pill for 10 months and my cycles are crazy. At the moment I'm on day 72. I've been diagnosed with PCOS so that explains why my body is stupid and my ovaries don't work properly.

Good luck and hang in there. Your BFP is just around the corner. All the girls on these forums are amazingly support and encouraging.

Good Luck,
    Dan.

Hi Julia,
    I too have been ttc for 4 months and I'm getting disheartened as well. I know the feeling and i reccomend that you vent in these forums! They are a grreat source of information and comfort in times when you feel down. Here's to having a BFP for all of us ttc soon!
    Kellie.

Welcome!

It always seems ironic and incredibly cruel that when we have a pill mishap, we fall pregnant immediately, but when we actually WANT to conceive, our bodies don't co-operate!

I've not been able to take the pill for many many years, but was on Depo Provera up until October 2004. However, I didn't start ttc until November 2005 and spent most of my time either avoiding bding or avoiding my DH which wasn't that hard really as we weren't (and still aren't) living together.

We did conceive in January, but I lost Zac in April at 15w4days. We have been ttc since then and I have had two chemical pregnancies along the way. I'm wondering if I'll ever conceive another sticky baby.

Good luck. The whole ttc journey is a difficult one. People who have never undertaken the journey have no concept of how stressful and disheartening it can be. That's why forums like Belly Belly are great. We all understand what it is like.

Lisa