Thread: TTC after caesar

Question TTC after caesar

Hi Guys
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is any certain timeframe you should wait after caesar before TTC? I had spoken to my Gyno about TTC after xmas and he didnt say anything.. he just said if we r going to start then , then he wont put me on the pill or anything and if nothing in a couple of months to go and see him again...
    I guess I didnt really think of it as being a problem, just crossed my mind now..

I was advised to wait a year, but that was due to the nature of my emergency caesar. If it was an issue then your Gyno would have mentioned it. If in doubt, can you call him to double check?

I was also told to wait at least a year. Good luck TTC when the time comes!!

This is very interesting. I asked my Dr about this and he said that it wouldnt be a problem if I didnt wait.....

Yep we were told a year as well so the scar tissues has enough time to heal.

Uterine rupture is more likely to occur in the later stages of pregnancy than in an actual VBAC according to Silent Knife. So whether you are attempting a VBAC or going for another c/s you need to be aware that there is still that possibility if the scar hasn't healed properly.

Kirsty77 Guest

As Brooke mentioned there is only going to be 13 months between my 2 girls. I got the all clear from my doc at my 6 week checkup and the doc basically said if I felt ready then thats all that matters. At that point my scar had healed well, but its not the external you have to worry about. Ideally most docs say 6months-1year but my ob at the hospital has said its absolulely not a problem having bubs this close. Yes there is a chance of uterine rupture, but the actual odds are very very low. That said the ob at the hospital does monitor me closely just to make sure things are going smoothly.

Just remember when they try to scare you with uterine rupture odds that it can happen to anyone, any kind of birth not just c/s or VBAC. A young girl in the town where I live had 2 bubs close together (15 months apart) both vaginally and the 2nd birth resulted in a uterine tear.

Thanks guys!
    No one mentioned anything about waiting TTC#2 at all.... and when I mentioned it to the Dr he didnt say anything either.
    So I guess where we go from here is wait until after xmas and see how we r feeling... and go from there.
    Kirsty.... I will have to keep in touch to see how it all goes having the 2 close together!!!

Cheers
    Jen