Thread: TTC and buying new clothes

Jade_21 Guest

Default TTC and buying new clothes

Has anyone else noticed that they have changed their habits for buying clothes while TTC either consciously or sub-consciously?

I have been TTC to for 6 months and I just realised that other day that I havenít brought as many clothes as I normally would. When I was buying a new pair of jeans I found myself buying the size that had a bit more room rather than the really slim fitting ones and when I was buying a snug fitting pair of shorts I was wondering if I would get much wear out of them. Am I getting carried away?

Jade

I think we all tend to do things a little out the norm at some time during TTC! The journey can often be a long and sometimes bumpy road.

I havnt stopped buying clothes or changing thing for myself, I do tend to think what the heck am I going to wear when im a heavily pregnant. I do look at all the kids clothing, toys etc and think im going to have one massive spending spree when bubs #1 ever comes along. And in the back of my mind, I really have to clean out the spare room as that will be a nursery in the future....although I still never get around to it.

I think it's only natural... I've done exactly the same thing! I bought virtually nothing in the way of new clothes for the first few months, but as I have needed to buy some new clothes more recently, I'm tending to buy things that are a bit more roomy... I'm wearing a new skirt today, and I'm kicking myself for having stuck with the size 12 as it's kind of snug... should have gone the 14!

BW

LOL yep I tend to do somehitng similar - I think naah I won't fit in that over summer because I'll be pregnant!! So I tend not to buy clothes!

Yep, I look at heaps of 'flowy' tops and stuff that stretches and think 'ooohh I bet they'd be great when I'm pregnant' and then I buy them

Yep,
    I have hardly bought anything for 4 years. at first it was 'cos baby/toddler was too messy so why bother with new clothes but mainly cos we've been TTC for that long and I am always thinking "won't be needing that cos I will be pg". Unlikely to happen again so when we stop TTC, I have promised myself a big shopping spree.

I have been doing the same thing i will look at a top and think well if i get pg this cycle ill be about this big when ill be wearing it heaps eg when buying summer stuff.Nothing wrong with being prepared i have friend who has a 3 month old and after she had him she wanted whole new wardrobe almost felt like her old clothes wern't right to wear now she was a mum which to me her style hasn't changed but anyway. Good luck with the new clothes. I am making sure they can stretch or have room. i am also have been TTC for 6 months are you getting frustrated? i'm not so much upset or worried but just annoyed cos i also have friends who have fallen pg first go one in the last 6 months and also a SIL with her 2nd after taking 18mths with no one and only 2 mths with No2 and another family member.:eek: i know it will happen but just wish it would happen sooner rather then later.... hope you get a soon...

absolutely! I do that all the time.

Sammi Jane Guest

The first Summer and Winter I did that - hardly bought anything because I kept thinking that I'd be pg & wouldn't be able to wear them. Now, coming back into Summer I feel like it may never happen so I'm just going to buy things when I see them. I'm sick of waiting for this to happen and it not happening.

The other thing I've been doing is putting on weight. Just a bit, and I'm a size 8 so I don't think it's a real problem, but I've been putting on weight and thinking well it doesn't matter because soon I'll be putting on a whole lot more! Now not only am I depressed about not being pregnant, but I'm depressed about not fitting into my clothes and feeling fat & ugly! I hate LTTTC!!!!!

As part of my TTC journey I have had to lose weight (8kgs so far and another 3 to go). So I have had to buy new clothes, as most of my old ones don't fit. I love any reason to shop

But I am keeping all my old pants and jeans as they will fit me perfectly when I do become pg.

Cheers

~Jane~ Guest

I desperately need a new suit for work and am holding off as I am on my first IVF cycle, I am hoping that I will get to do some maternity shopping soon.

Sammi Jane Guest

Good luck Jane. I hope you get your BFP and can go maternity shopping.

All the best.