2 12.50%
  • Friday 19th May

2 12.50%
  • Saturday 20th May

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTC Group Chat.....

Default TTC Group Chat.....

Rightio, it's worked before, so I think it's high time we have another group tantrum. Basically just a chat amongst the TTC girls, to have a whinge about how we aren't pregnant yet & how terrible it is

I'm inviting all of the TTC girls, short term, long term, IVF, those that have suffered a loss, those breastfeeding etc etc to come along for a chat about how much TTC truly does suck!!

We'll be in the BellyBelly channel on IRC if you'd like to come & join in. I'll put a poll up for a week from today to decide the date. I'll stick with an evening from about 8.00pm (other than if it's Tuesday it will be after trivia so from 8.30pm) because I do realise alot of us work & I wouldn't want anyone to miss out...

If you need help with getting into the channel, check out this thread about how to set it all up & get started. I will also be on MSN at the time (and before) should anyone need a hand ([email protected]).

So please put your vote in on what day you'd like to join in the chat & I hope to see everyone there.

We had a huge one about this time in 2004 and we ended up with the record of something like 11 BFPs in June/July (mine included ), so I figured why not do it again. And besides there are so many of us down in the dumps lately I figured it's gotta help.

I'll be up for that. Will that be 6pm Perth time ?

I'll add you to my MSN as well Sarah just in case i mess up getting in to it.

what is merc and where do i find it,i read the link and it all seems okay,i can understand it but cant get past the first step'open mirc',is it a web site or is it in my computer somewhere?
    nikki

pretty much any day will do... I'd prefer Thursday because that's the night that DH has his favourite programs on TV that I can't stand. I'll just be annoyed if it is Wednesday because then I'll miss ER (I'm so sad!)

Just to offer an alternative to the less techy minded gals... I found mirc to not be the easiest IRC client to set up and I use trillian instead - it also has cute little emoticons (with noises!). I think I should apologise in advance because I may be inclined to play with them, and the mirc people can't see them.

Here's me babbling again... :-#

BW

Any day is good for me but yeah...can you post details on mirc and how to get in etc...i am a bit of novice with that.

Melanie

suze375 Guest

Hey - what time is 8pm Scotland time??? LOL

I prob wont make it as I will just be starting work no doubt - make sure you all have a rant for me too!!!

xx

I like Tuesday... more chance of me being able to join in if its later in the evening

What is the time difference between wherever your time is and me over in WA???? :-k

Any day any time will be good for me. How do i join in?

You first need to download MIRC (or trillian, but I don't know anything about that 8-[ ), just google it & you'll be shown where/how to downoad. Then in my first page is the link with directions on how to get into the BB channel.

any day other than monday is fine with me. I will have to work out the technology, though, all this merc and trillian stuff is new to me :-k

You can count me in - anyday is fine with me!!

Any night is good for me, we certainly need some in here, myself included. Bring it on

I can help with trillian, if people wish to go that way.

The program is free (basic version anyway) and doesn't bug you with any "register me now" messages. I'll stick my msn and email back in my profile for now so people can contact me for help.

If you google trillian you'll find where you can download it from (cerulean studios)

BW

I love the idea of a Group tanty. DH isnt good to whinge to on the topic of TTC.

A group tantrum sounds like exactly what I need. Great idea!

BW - could you post details for setting up Trillian here? I'm going to try to use it as you suggest it can be easier than Mirc. I'm a total novice at stuff like this.

Thanks

I'll work on getting it done - I've actually got to go look at the mIRC instructions and translate them across and set it up for myself again (new computer since I last got it working). I've got to go away for an engagement party this weekend, but I'l start working on it now.

BW

Actually, it's not that hard! I can pretty much do it now. I've added my msn contact back into my profile so add me there and we can talk the way through if you get stuck.

1. Download and install Trillian. If you google Trillian, it will be the first link on the list. Make sure you download Trillian Basic (it's free). When you install Trillian, you will be asked which modules you wish to include - make sure you select IRC, you can use this program for MSN and other IM programs if you wish.

2. Start Trillian from the icon on your desktop. You will end up with a little blue icon in your system tray (bottom right hand corner of the desktop).

3. When the program starts, you should have at least one little button on the trillian window. IRC is white, click on that one and select "manage my connections". An "Identities and Connections" window will pop up.

4. At the bottom of this window you should see an "add new connection" button with a green cross. Click on this, and select IRC (This may not be necessary if you didn't install the other modules.

5. We now need to add some information in the various different boxes you can see.

Server alias - BellyBelly. This is just a name for your reference so you can call it something else if you wish.
    Next box down needs to be: "au.austnet.org::6667". Without the quotes. There is an alternative way to get it, but if you copy that directly we can cut a few steps out.
    Nickname - this is what you will be known by in the chat.
    UserName and UserInfo - not terribly important, I just add my nickname in those boxes. You can add other information but it will be possible for others to see this.

6. If you want to connect to the BellyBelly chat automatically when you load Trillian, check the "Automatically connect to this account at startup box"

7. Click on the "Change..." button which is over to the right hand side of the window.

8. You should see a "Perform Buffer" section (under the connections tab) - check the box and the text box underneath should become available. In that text box type: "/join #BellyBelly" (without the quotes). Then click the "save settings" button.

9. It will pop back to the "Identities and Connections" window, you can now hit connect and you'll be in business! It can take a while before it runs through things, and the first time you connect the window will be quite small, but you can drag it out to be what ever size you want.

Done!

If someone can check out these instructions and make sure they make sense and it's possible to follow them, that would be great.

BW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast