Thread: TTC Question (TMI)

Default TTC Question (TMI)

Hello

Does anyone have any issues with "keeping the goods in" after TTC? In other words, leakage?

After TTC, I lie still for 20-30 minutes with my legs tucked to my chest but as soon as I get up, most of it comes out (I told you it was TMI).

Is this OK?
    Does most of it stay in?
    Is 20-30 minutes enough to get the job done?

Thanks

Sorry, can someone move this to the TTC thread? Thanks!

Yep i had this problem... remember it only takes 1 lil spermie.....so im sure you will be ok.....

I think that's pretty common. You should be fine. I conceived when I was jumping straight up and heading to the loo afterwards, so I'm sure 20 minutes will be plenty of time.

From what I understand all those that come out are the ones who didn't swim fast enough, so by the time leakage happens the super athletes are well on their way!
    Hope this helps.

I used to lay on my back for like an hour lol so you will be fine As Kim said, it only takes one! Good luck

*las* Guest

I asked my FS about this once, I thought I was doing something wrong.

He said it's mostly fluid that comes back out and it's normal (although not real nice hey!).

I did this everytime we BD'd when TTC #1 and #2, but both times I conceived when i didn't know i was fertile so didn't do any of that!

Generally it is just the fluid as the spermies leave it & make their way to where they need to be in our fertile mucus. Also if your DH has a normal count etc there would be between 2-6ml with 20million or more sperm in each ml, so you're talking betwenn 40-120million sperm each time, not all of them could possible come back out

Oh & I'll move this for you too!

I asked this question and was told the following. Sperm and semen are 2 different things. The sperm is in the semen so when it gets inside you the sperm keep swimming, the semen falls out.

Does this make sense?

Thanks everyone. You have all been very helpful and have put my mind to rest. I knew most of them would stay in there but just wanted the best chance possible.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

i used to do it as well, for about 20min or so. dont know if it acutally worked, obviously, its poss to fall preg without doing it, but for me, mind over matter, it felt like i was doing something to help the process along. for comedy reasons, i use to put my feet above my head...we used to get a laugh out of it. not terribly romantic thou.

Eurogirl Guest

Really sorry for this and I have tried to find my own answer but what does TMI stand for?

Too much information

FJL Guest

LOL, when we first started TTC I wondered the same thing but was too embarassed to ask anyone!

I eventually found out that its normal! My Doctor said the best thing to do was to have a shower, brush your teeth, go to the loo etc, then go to bed, have sex and don't move! From last cycle I started laying still for 20mins, this month (well, this cycle, last month) i've gone to sleep afterwards to keep as much up there as I can - hope it works!!!

I imagine it to be like one of those war movies.. they get in there and the leader goes "OK everybody MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE !!!"... coz it's not long until the environment starts to kill the slow ones off!!! So anything that comes out with semen would have been long done for anyway - the strong ones are long gone toward their goal !
    Best of luck Tonydayl for that BFP !