Thread: Unsure If I am pregnant - need help

Default Unsure If I am pregnant - need help

Hi everyone, I need your advice...
    I ovulated on wed 11th April, My period was due 25th april. Still dont have it. I have done 6 pregnancy tests since then, 5 have a very faint line in the test window and strong line in control window, but the last one I did this morning (30th april) had a negative result. Is it still too soon to tell, or should I know by now? I am not on any medication that could alter the result. Has this happened to anyone?
    Thanks

Hi Jesselou,
    If your period is overdue then there are a number of possiblities;
    1. You may hve O'd later than you think. Is that possible?
    2. You are pregnant and pregnancy tests are not picking it up.
    3. you are pregnant and may be experiencing an early m/c or what is called a chemical pregnancy (sorry to add it, but it is a possibilty).

So if you are sure of your O date I would suggest getting a blood test from your Dr. Some women don't get ++ HPT, I assume by the time it reaches their urine it is motabolised and tests are unable to detect the quanity they need to show a ++.

I hope that helps
    Tanya

Default yes

hi ya,
    I thought i would reply to you, as this has happened to me. I had five or six with very faint second lines, and then a negative, plus negative blood tests. I have now missed two periods, im a bit confused though because i am so bloated that i look about 5-6 months pregnant. I have to see gyny on tuesday hopefully for a u/s. I know you shouldnt bloat out so large early on, but im thinking maybe i am further gone than i thought. i found out the other day that my sister had her period up untill she was six months pregnant, so im now thinking maybe i was pregnant befor missed period but didnt know it (that is, if i am at all)...
    I have my fingers crossed for you. If you period doesnt show i would suggest you go and see you doctor for some blood tests or an u/s.
    good luck, sending baby dust your way..
    from georgette

Default Thankyou

Thankyou so much for your replies, I will go for a blood test this week. I really feel that I am pregnant, but will see I guess. Thanks heaps
    Jess

Hi, did you get any luck with a test yet, when are you planning to go see doctor for testing.. thought i would message you, as you come to mind

georgette

Just a little info from my recent experience. I had 3 +ve HPT's followed by a -tve. This was at about 5 weeks. I am never late and I was havng pg symptoms. I then bought a digital one that only detected higher levels of HCG which came up +tve but started to spot then bleed a couple of days later, eventually ending in m/c at 5wks 4 days. The rule of thumb is that the longer that time goes on the darker the lines get and if thats not happening or you get a -tve like I did I think it probably shows that things are not as they should be. I hope I am wrong in your case. Good luck with the BT.

Default No, Not Pregnant

Hello,
    Thanks so much for your replies. I ended up having my period a couple of days later. And yet another negative test. Obviously it wasnt to be. Always next month though. They think it was a chemical pregnancy but didnt eventuate into anything. We are staying positive. Thanks so much for thinking of me,
    Jess

Sorry to hear about the BFN! You're right, there is always next month and you do need to stay positive. Good luck!