Thread: V-environment too acidic??

ChloeGirl Guest

Default V-environment too acidic??

Hi guys!

My brother and his wife have been trying for a baby for quite a while now and haven't had any luck. They have had hormonal testing done and everything is normal, but her doctor said to her that she may be too acidic.

Sarah_H replied to another thread and mentioned this: "Vaginal environment supposedly contributes to sperm longevity, alkaline/acidic - male sperm prefer baking soda douche prior to sex, female prefer acidic (vinegar) (supposedly)"

Does anyone have anymore info that about this that i can pass on to them?? Anything is worth a try!

Thanks - Amanda

hi im not too sure about any of this stuff, maybe you can google it and see what comes up. Or someone else might be able to help

Hello, I'm reading a book called "Getting Pregnant" by Lauersen and Bouchez and I remembered he mentioned something about this - sorry it took me a couple of days to backtrack and find it.

In it, he says:
    To reduce vaginal acid: Use a low-pressure douche of two tablespoons of baking soda in one quart of water just before intercourse.
    The increase vaginal acid: Use a low-pressure douche of two tablespoons of vinegar in one quart of water just before intercourse.

He then goes on to caution that home doucing instruments can be prone to bacteria growth so be very careful to properly clean all the bits just before use with lots of soap and hot water.

HTH
    :-)

Amanda,

Eating fresh rose petals (from the garden only) helps to significantly reduce acid. My NP swears by this - and it also gives you loads of energy. You can have them just like that, or in a salad or sandwhich. A friend of mine had the same thing and ate rose petals every day and also cut out some acidic food from her diet (ie tomatoes). Worth a try and if you got them in the garden, then it costs nothing.

Wishing them lots of luck,
    Lisa

Oh and my friend did get pg while eating the rose petals and now has a 8 month old gorgeous little boy.

I would recommend seeing a Homeopath or Chinese Herbalist. I had one tell me that my body in general was very acidic. He put me on cell salts and recommended that I drink Alfalfa tea. I got pregnant 3 weeks later ( I really don't know if it was because of this or not).

I have also read about the baking soda method!!!

Hey BekZ, that's an excellent suggestion. I got PG with DD 4 weeks after I saw the Chinese Medecine naturopath! Might have to find one again...hmmmm!
    :-)