Thread: warning tmi for some but help needed please!

Default warning tmi for some but help needed please!

hey guys, i am only on day 20 and i have a severe case of thrush which arrived this morning.

I could barely sit at work today so i am going to take the canestan once pessary tonight and hope it helps.

however at the same time i have found i am spotting bright red blood from my cervix. Could this be related?

Hi Danni - I have no idea if they are related. Hope it's nothing serious, just some implanation bleeding *hugs*

Hi Danni,

More than likely its just the thrush causing irritation, I have bleed with a bad case of thrush too. Hope it gets better soon.

Shazz.
    xx

guys this is hell! i took canestan once pessary last night expecting it all to be mostly gone by this morning but it has gotten worse.

i was in tears this morning knowing i couldnt get through the traffic to the womens hospital.

i went to the doctor and have had tests done but he told me to get the diflucan one tablet...$30 bucks later!!!

Ooh Dan I have know idea if they are related... hope it sorts out with this new treatment though. :hugs:

Oh Danni,
    You are having a really ***** run at the moment. You're going to be uncomfortable for the next few days. Change your knickers at least twice a day, keep dry down there and only wear cotton knickers. That's what my doctor told me when i had thrush last time.

Don't you just love being a women sometimes

I had a shocker run with thrush a couple of years back... in the end I only got rid of it by using probiotic capsules. Turns out I had a resistant strain so canesten did nothing, but sticking acidopholous capsules where they aren't normally meant to go cleared things up really quickly.

The other thing that really helped relieve things - washing in warm water with salt and bicarb soda added - I'm told that it changes the pH to be unfriendly towards the thrush - I was just interested in it helping me feel better.

BW

oh yes! salt baths! im gunna have to try and get in tonight...even though my bum is too big for our bath :S

I just took a jug into the shower with me and splashed the salty water over the bits in question... I don't know if it was the salt or the bicarb that did most - but it sure did help a lot!

BW

Oh Danni, I hope you feel better soon. The things us girls go through. Gee the guys have it easy

Oh you poor thing. Hope things are improving now. As well as what Nurse Dan said about the cotton knickers so you private bits can "breathe", i have heard not too wear pants but a skirt as well for the same reason. Dont know if its true or works but worth giving anything a go if your incomfortable.

Danni, have things improved? Did the bleeding stop?

omg guys NOOOOOOOO

I took the $30 diflucan one tablet and yes it did help and the discharge stopped and the burning stopped.

But i am still stinging and SOOOO itchy! they did a vaginal swab to rule out herpes and that was negative thank god!

i went back to the docs this morning and she took a bt to test for my sugar levels as apparently thrush thrives in sugary environments.

she said to try canestan cream and come back if no improvement! grrr

and i forgot to mention the bleeding! cd24 and this should not be happening---unless i am having an early mc?

Aww Danni, you poor thing. I hope the itchiness goes soon and the cream works. How much bleeding do you now have?? Have you done a HPT to see if you do have any HCG levels in your system??

its not heaps of blood but certainly enough to notice? and its really red--not brown at all.

i will do a hpt tonight--will; keep u all posted (i cant help it lol)