Thread: Went off the OCP and no AF for 5 weeks ...

Default Went off the OCP and no AF for 5 weeks ...

I went off the OCP due to hormonal issues on the 20th January, got AF on the 23rd for three days, and have had nothing since.

Hubby and I have BD a few times, but are very careful, IYKWIM.

I don't feel any different to normal except that my nipples have been really sore, but even that is decreasing now.

Should I do a test??

My first post-pill AF (not the withdrawal bleed) was after 5 weeks, then every 6 weeks thereafter. One of the first things I did notice off the pill was tender nipples in luteal phase, then later as I started to get into the swing of my cycle I noticed I had really tender breasts for about a day after ovulation. Seriously, I'd get the O pain as the eggie burst out, then I'd get the achy breasts for a day, then some wierd sort of eustatian tube peristalsis feeling (that's just freaky), then sore nipples. Those go away after a bit, then AF arrives. If you have been very careful then you're probably not pg but if you have the spare cash to test and are worried then do it. It can take months - or even a year - before AF comes back after the Pill (they don't tell you that when you start it!) so hope that you're gearing up for AF now.

thanks!!!