Thread: what the!

Default what the!

I went to the doc today cos if you look at my ticker i'm on day 40, 19 DPO and no AF she did the pee test and she said there was a faint second line but it's not where it should be, she compared it to the diagram on the packet and said she didn't know how this one worked. I'm a little confused how many lines can show up on a test? it was well and truly within the time frame and came up pretty quickly. I had a blood test too so that should confirm it. Has anyone heard of this?

No. Maybe that test was faulty & the second line part was just put in the wrong spot? You could try a HPT & see what happens.

I'd be doing a HPT of your own and see what that shows. Hopefully the blood test results will show a BFP positive for you.

Your doctor sounds as hopeless as mine was yesterday!!!

Buy 2 hpts (diff brands) and compare them....

The month before we conceived DD, my periods were late, so I went to the dr. She did a test and the line showed up straight away, and as we were looking at it, the line disappeared before our eyes. I had a BT which was neg. Not sure what the levels were but she said it may have been a blighted ovum (a sac but no baby).

Anyway, maybe the test was faulty in that the line was in a different spot to usual....

Best of Luck with the BT. Do come in here and let us know how you go with it

Thankyou for your replies they did a quantitive blood test and i should be finding out the results soon. I just didn't think that you could have any other lines except for the control line and a preggy one