Thread: What did you do different...

Default What did you do different...

the month you got your BFP?

Anything you think might have been the contributing factor?

I was on clomid & metformin. I BD'd religiously every 2nd day from CD 12 to CD 24. And I always stayed put for at least 15-20 mins after BD.

The month I didn't m/c (and went on to carry seth ) I made sure I took my metformin religiously and started astrix (low dose asprin) to prevent m/c and it worked.

I really think the BD'ing every 2nd night really helps!

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I did a few things, not sure which helped us get a BFP. I took half an aspirin every day a week before O and got a BFP so kept taking it for the first ten weeks. I also took bisolvin cough mixture around O. When it came to BDing, DH and I were doing everything by the book, and it was getting quite robotic and not much fun anymore. The night we conceived, we just let loose and had soooo much fun doing everything we were told not to. It certainly paid off. I also followed some old wives tales, and had yellow booties in our pillow cases and I planted parsley.
    Hope some of these things helped.

Fruitwood Guest

A friend told me to stick a pillow under my bottom for half an hour to tilt your body in the right direction so that conception is more likely. I tilted my hips for about 10 minutes while lying in bed and found out I was pregnant 3 weeks later. It was the first time I had tried it, so I'm not sure if it was a contributing factor or not, lol.

Sharon

Melinda Guest

I did nothing different at all.......absolutely nothing!

Honestly - We went out for dinner and I was drunk!!! I was pregnant in no time after all the naughty sex we had over one weekend!

Lee-Ann Guest

Well I said to DH I'm not going to stress about falling pg. If I stress it's only going to make it harder. If it happens it happens, I just tried to be as non-chalant about it as possible. We also had less sex that month, LOL.

Definatley not thinking about it. I was focusing on the rest month that we had coming up, and thought that we had missed O, so that would be my advice... try not to put pressure on your self!

Not charting.. Actually not having sex .. (think we only BD a few times in the month)... Was a tad surprised with my BFP...

lindie Guest

Hi if this helps Id heard of the old wives tale of the pillow under bottom propping and didnt even try it thinking it was a waste and one adventerous night Hubby whipped the pillow out and we tried it and it made me laugh more than anything as I have no idea where he got it from at all??? Hadnt told him about it or anything and we got a positive 2 weeks later, Hubby now thinks hes a genius LOL

Lindie

Used the Maybe Baby and refrained from sex until the fertile fern days.

just ordered pre-seed, so we will give that a whirl this month...oh and i just have to convince DH to take zinc supplements as well...LOL

Oh I forgot to mention some really important things. I took pregnancy drops, and did a few little "fertility rituals"

*hugs*
    Cailin

Went away for a week to de-stress and have a break from TTC-to the Gold Coast! Lots of roller coasters, alcohol and sushi-ALL the forbidden!!!
    Came across the fertilty symbols at Ripley's Believe It Or Not and gave them a hug! (didn't know they were there even!)
    2 1/2w later,BFP!

I heard of that happening to a few people after seeing the fertility statues at Ripleys.

jadacaph Guest

Ok, probably just pot luck, but here's what we did different.

I had Robutussin(cough medicine) 3 times a day leading up to O as it helps to give you that EWCM consistency to help the little swimmers,)it's a decongestent so it clears all the mucus out,,,sorry TMI) I didn't go to the loo after BD but did the pillow under the butt thing for 5 minutes then rolled over & went to sleep, and, we BD on a Lunar Conception date which was the day before Ovulation(I know it sounds 'out there' but hey, whatever works)

GL