Thread: what do you think?

Default what do you think?

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions and thought someone out there might be able to help me a bit.

I am currently breastfeeding my 7 month old, and AF has not returned yet. Altough on friday I had a small amount of spotting. Since then there has been nothing, but I do feel as though I have AF(crampy etc).

I have just introduced solids but we haven't dropped any feeds at all.

We are not fully trying for a 3rd baby but if it was to happen we would be happy too.

Because my cycles have not returned I have no idea what is going on. I have started charting again, I can't take the pill because of medical reasons.

What could the spotting be? Am I ovulating again? Could I be pregnant?

thanks heaps
    Renae

12bliss Guest

as far as i know it is possible for all the above! you would know your body more than anyone else so you may be

When my DS (breastfed) was about 8.5m old I got some spotting with AF symptoms. I thought AF was about to arrive but it never turned into anything more than a few days of spotting. About 40 days later I had some more spotting, then a few weeks later I got ovulation signs, and then shortly after I had a proper AF. So for me, the spotting ended up being my body trying to get back to normal.

Good luck!

Hi Renae,

Wow, reading your post was a lot like reading about my own situation.
    I too have a 7 month old (well, nearly), and am fully breastfeeding. ALthough we have dropped to about 5 a day, sleeping thru the night, and on solids.
    I have not had AF yet, not on any contraception, and would love to fall pregnant with #3 - though not really trying.
    I have had crampy feelings like you have explained. Although no sign of AF, or spotting.
    I fell pregnant very easily with #1 and #2. I have been told im very fertile. BUT i dont think i have any hope of a third until i have fully weaned DD. I dunno, call it intuition, or the fact i just know my body.......I didnt get AF with DD#1 until i had fully weaned her (8 months).
    What is your CM like? Sorry if TMI......hope to chat again soon....

Hi everyone

thanks heaps for your replies..

mbear - My 2nd is neally 7 months too, she was born in late feb. She is totally breastfed and is only having a little bit of a taste of some cereal ATM. I was told i couldn't have any children, so when I fell pregnant the first time it was a HUGE shock. I then fell pregnant with DD2 when DD1 was 10 months old.

Up untill now I have had NO signs of AF returning. Just that little bit of spotting last friday. I have done 1 test which was BFN but I think its a bit early yet, i didn't get a +ive result till 16DPO with DD2. Its just really difficult because my cycles have not returned to normal so i dont know where i am at in my cycle.

At the moment my CF is creamy, my cervix position is high(I can barely find it) its soft and its open a little bit. I did have some EWCM but I can't remember for the life of me when I noticed it. It would have been a few weeks ago now.. If I didn't have any syptoms I wouldn't for a second think I was pregnant but I am a little sus.. I could be wrong but I guess we will find out soon enough. I was thinking about testing maybe sunday FMU.

Thanks again for your posts, I will let you guys know how the testing goes.

cheers
    Renae