Thread: What does this mean???..Anyone had the same??

Question What does this mean???..Anyone had the same??

Hi all

Ok so this is my first ever post and after seeing how you all help each other i am hoping you can help me!!

Here goes... I had the marina coil removed 8 weeks ago and started TTC. I charted ovulation (ovulated 2 weeks ago today). For the last 4 days I have experienced bloating, really bad mood swings, emotional, feeling slight nausea. With this in mind I was convinced it was the dreaded period- HOWEVER thursday night (2 days ago) curiosity got the better of me and I did a first response HPT and there was a very faint positive, I did two more and got the same reading. Next morning (yesterday) got another faint positive on a first response so brought a clear blue and got a BFN. I rang the docs they made an appointment for that afternoon where he didi a test BFN so he took bloods which have come back from the lab today as inconclusive, he said it was not a negative but levels may not be strong enough to show a strong positive but he doesn't know so he wants to retest my blood on monday???

Has this happened to anyone else, cshould I be excited or not?

It could be that you have tested too early, or it could be that you had a chemical pregnancy which has not taken, although I would expect AF soon if this were the case.

My best advice is to wait another week and either test again, or the arrival of AF will prove conclusive. Good luck, I hope you get your BFP

I would try to have some patience & wait for the retest. There's a good chance that since you would be very early in the pregnancy your levels aren't high enough just yet.
    Hope Monday is enough time & you get your If not, just give it a few more days.
    Goodluck x

Thanks for the advice, AF has not turned up so about 2 days late now.... this waiting is horrible, doctor retesting my bloods monday should get result tues/wed but just hoping I can find out then one way or the other.

I don't know anyone that has had a chemical pregnancy do you still get pregnancy symptoms with that? is there any way to tell if it's chemical?

hi babybrain,

like the others have posted it may just be a bit too early to get strong results. First Response are quite sensitive. For example, digital tests need ALOT more HcG than the FR. if you are keen to keep testing (i am a POAS addict lol) i can recommend a cheapy but good option with pregnosis (in a purple box that you can get from chemists). i found these to give good strong lines (even when FR and CB were really mega feint).

If this is a chemical pregnancy, yeah you would still experience pregnancy symptoms as it is a pregnancy, it's just that the fertilised egg hasnt managed to snuggle into the uterus and implant. Usually AF is not too late after when it would normally be due (in my experience a day or two).

i am that the line keeps getting stronger on your HPTs and am sending heaps and heaps of sticky vibes!

Thanks Cassius2, I am praying it does too! Should I test daily and see if it gets stronger?

Generally the doctor's tests will be less sensitive than the shop ones, so there is a good chance you are pregnant.

The reason they say a BT is inconclusive is if you have HCG (pregnancy hormone) in your system but only a low level so not sufficient for them to say yes you are pregnant. As the others have said, it could be one of two things.... Either the BT was taken before there was sufficient HCG in your system and a repeat test will show more & give you a positive result. Or it is a chemical pregnancy. This means that the egg was fertilised but failed to implant correctly.

Even if you test daily the lines may not get any darker, as long as there is still a second line it's a good indicator. If the line dsappears completely (given you use the same brand each time) then you are more than likely having a chemical pregnancy.

Im wishing you all the best with your bt results. I hope the HCG levels have risen for you. As the other ladies have said its prob too early to show strong HCG levels. Good luck with it all!!

Hey sweety, I really hate to do this to you, however I went through all this TTC myself after I had the removal of the Merina IUD.
    Basically our lining in our uterus are extremely thin after having the Merina, as the hormone released while having the Merina causes this to happen. (Hence why we dont fall pregnant on it)
    Unfortunately it takes a good couple of months to thicken this lining again so many pregnancies prior to the thickening dont stick. This is where a lot of the chemical pregnancies come into it because we DO concieve but the embryo just cant burrow into our lining. So we get all the pregnancy symptoms and BFP's that turn in AF (Gee Im really sorry to say this, but feel you should know). Dont get me wrong - obviously there are some pregnancies that do go on to full term but majority dont. Thats why they tell us to wait approx 3 months before TTC.
    If it turns out you are pregnant a huge congrats to you (but take it really easy to help keep it sticky).
    If its not go to a health store and theres stuff you can get to help thicken the lining quicker - to find out what try googling
    I am proof that conception is possible after the IUD as Im currently 16 weeks and going strong!!
    I wish you all the best and I have my fingers and toes tightly crossed for you, in hopes that you are preggers and that shes a sticky one.
    Good luck and plenty of baby dust to you!!
    xx

i had exactly the same thing happen to me! i bought about 6 FR tests (POAS addict i know) and after i'd gone thru them, i bought some different brands (they were sold out of FR ) i THINK it was clearblue?
    anyways.. i did the test on that one the day i went to the doc.. BFN. the one the doc did? (mind u 2MU, and i'd drunk ALOT of water to have enough pee to do the test there! lol) and it came up! very very faint, but still there!
    anyways, about 2 days later, i used the second Clearblue, and sure as anything it came up still abit faint, but hey, it was there that time! so u may just still be a little early hun!! dont count urself out especially seeing as u got a BFP from FR!!! :stickyvibesblue: your way!