Thread: What is Implantation Cramping like?

Unhappy What is Implantation Cramping like?

I'm CD 25 (11dpo) in a cycle that's usually dead on 28 days (13 day luteal).

I'm feeling pretty emtionally drained at the moment as I was woken up at 4.40am to very painful cramping. Exactly like period pain but worse. (I should clarify that usually my period pains are not too bad - i might take one naprogesic and continue on as normal ) . I'm assuming that this is a definate AF sign, tho haven't had spotting yet. (only a bit of spotting from a pap smear i had yesterday and that was a different colour).

I went back to sleep for only 1.5 hrs then decided to temp anyway and it'd risen again a bit. But it may not be accurate as 1.5 hrs before I was pretty emotional (had to happen i think as I hadn't the past two cycles and this time hubbie is away at work ) So that probably affected my temperature.

Anyway i'm just curious, even though I'm REALLY clutching at straws now, for anyone experiencing implantation cramping. Exactly how painful is it? My idea would be it would be like a dull flicker or something, not painful at all. But can it be like bad period cramping?

I guess I'll know by end of the day as usually cramping happens then AF arrives that day.
    Last edited by deni; February 17th, 2007 at 08:18 AM.

sorry i cant hepl i havent experienced any cramping with implant although this cycle i did 3dpo!!dont know what thats all about!

i think usually you need to take your temp the same time every day and after a min of 3 hours rest? but i dont temp.

If in dought i would get a BT or do a HPT

GL

hmmmm..well 11dpo is a bit late for implantation, especially if you have a 13 day luteal phase...your uterus will have begun to shred its lining already so an embryo wouldnt stick.

Normally implantation will occur approx 6-7 dpo.

Hopefully the cramps you are experiencing are PREGNANCY symptoms and not af.

Keep us posted!

yeah you're right Danni I'm certain AF will come today. Just a bit of denial going on inside tho.. SIGH oh well back on the bandwagon in two weeks !

well my implantation was 10dpo so i think there is hope and i did feel period like pains that day too i dnt wanna get ur hopes up just sharing my experience

Implantation can actually happen between 6-10DPO, so 11DPO isn't that unusual IMO. From what I have read it can be very similar to period pains, like you've described. So yep there is a possibility that implantation is what you were feeling

thanks gals but my mega cramping ended up being AF ... oh well back on the bding band wagon !!

Been there done that last month :-) Fingers crossed for a BFP next time round, good luck!