Thread: What are the odds?

Default What are the odds?

OK, I'm starting to obsess so thought I'd ask all you lovely girls here what you think...

December, at my parents' just after Christmas, DH decides to use the withdrawal method despite me saying I'm fertile right then (EWCM) and suggesting a few alternatives, including just waiting until we get home the next day. About 15-16 dpo I start to feel a bit iffy but DH is sure I'm not pg and, lo and behold, 20dpo AF arrives. OR DOES SHE? Now, here's the obsessive bit. I'm sure the BDing we did 17dpo was a bit vigourous and so the spotting on 18 and 19dpo was a reaction to that. AF arrives Thursday afternoon, by Saturday she's gone again and I just have a little bit more spotting. She's not even very heavy when she is around. I usually have a 5 day AF - a spot or two 2 days before, then 3-4 days of full-on AF then another day or two of heavy spotting. Didn't think much of it at the time, AF is AF and that's all there is to it.

Now I'd be about 8 weeks gone if I were pg and this last week I've been tired, forgetful, distracted at work (though that's not hard, but I'm usually more conciencous), haven't liked the smell of meats I was previously fine with (I'm a vege), dry skin, spots that won't go, loads of hair growth (DH has even noticed this as had hair cut 3 weeks ago and it's a lot longer now than it should be), no EWCM, blocked up nose for 2 weeks, cleaning my teeth makes me almost throw up in the morning (harsh, as I put off cleaning my teeth this morning as I didn't want to "waste" it, only to get really biley straight afterwards) and I'm really emotional at DH over things like locking the car, washing up and even just the right spoon to eat with. Anyway, looked up symptoms on BB this mornign to reassure me I'm just making it all up (http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/pr...nancy-symptoms) and I find that toothpaste can be a problem when you're pg. Great. I've also had what may be expansion cramps and go to the loo twice as much as before, but that could be because I want to be pg.

Anyway, just been on the phone with mum and said about the fact I'm not getting on with my toothpaste and she's sure it's morning sickness (I've not thrown up once though!) and that I'm pg. Didn't mention the hair, skin or anything. Said I'm on day 24 and no ov, she said I should have but I pointed out I've been on the lookout and not had any ov signs, or about-to-ov signs (EWCM, but don't want to discuss that with my mum!) and my cycle's usually 6 weeks in length so I'm not at all worried and I'm just not pregnant.

Course, now I've read that article I'm a bit scared now - it's one thing wanting to be pg when you know you're not and looking for symptoms you do know don't exist, but my mum being convinced I have morning sickness has scared me a bit. Not that I don't want to be pg at all, just I know I've not really done much thinking beyond the whole "I would like to be pg" thing and DH and I will have to do a serious talk, like changing cars (though our 14-month old 2-seater convertible is back at the garage again today after we needed to call the AA out) and me going back to work and how much maternity leave I can take - I would like 9 months, going back when baby's 8 months old, then only part time if at all - and I know we're looking forward to redecorating and visiting Austria this summer.

Any more thoughts?

I think the only real way to find out what is going on is to do a HPT.

yep I agree with Michelle, Id go do a test... That should show a BFP if you are...goodluck

I agree, you should probably do a pregnancy test to find out for sure.

It sure would be a lot quicker and simpler to just do a HPT than think about it anymore.
    Why are you not doing one if you think there is a possibility?

I'm not doing one because DH hasn't okayed me doing one yet... though my mum rang my dad yesterday afternoon to say I was getting morning sickness! Thanks for that one mum! Much as I'm happy for that response I didn't want it quite that much. Anyway, changing toothpaste hasn't helped but I'm now thinking pg for a bit, will talk DH into doing a test ASAP though. Only have to wait until I actually throw up or in about another 4 weeks as AF's due early March, then I could be 11 weeks so will be past the worrying stage and can tell everyone straight away, which is good. Saw hubby's niece today, she's 7 weeks old and I'm really hoping DH started feeling a tiny bit broody.

DH is convinced I'm not pg as I've told him what my mum said so will just have to wait until he convinces himself... just have to hope I throw up next weekend, which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say as usually I tell my body I'm not going to at all.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I guess a HPT is the only way to know for sure, just wishing it wasn't though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryn-Frog
    I'm not doing one because DH hasn't okayed me doing one yet...
    :shock: Okay then...

I would definitely do one. Then you will know for sure and can stop worrying. Just tell your DH you are doing one. Why would he need to OK that?

I'm not doing one because DH hasn't okayed me doing one yet
    This above quote sounds like my DH and like you I didn`t want to go against his wishes, eventually he said I could buy one when I was 5 days late for AF.

Good luck

Do the test! You will know for sure then. Don't wait until you throw up. You may not. Not everyone actually throws up when they are PG. I only ever felt queasy even with the twins.
    You don't need permission to put your mind at ease. Just do the test!
    Good luck.
    Debbie

I agree, don't tell DH, just do a test and if it is BFN then you don't have to say anything, but if it is BFP then you will have been justified in your feelings. DH may be convinced you're not pregnant, but it is not his body and only you can truly know how you are feeling. If you are pg it is better to know sooner rather than later.

Bon

Ryn,
    I think it is quite common for women to have a light bleed around the time that AF is due when pg. If your cycle is 'off' compared to what it is normally or your temps are still high (don't think your charting tho...?) the only way to be sure you are or aren't pg is to test or go to your Dr and ask for a test (they will make you poas before you go for a bt, esp since you haven't done a test yet).
    So if you insist on getting DH's ok, just explain to DH that you honestly think there is someting up and you are concerned, he should have no probs with it...
    But I have to agree with the other girls, test anyway, since you have all these concerns it is an easy way to put your mind at rest.

Good luck

Tanya

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

If I had a dollar for every time I've done a HPT that DH didn't know about.....

love
    sushee

Quote Originally Posted by sushee
    If I had a dollar for every time I've done a HPT that DH didn't know about.....

love
    sushee
    Oh sushee me too!!