Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Hi girls,

I have already told some of the girls in the 1-6 thread but though I should get some more feedback.

I O'd Monday 24th July, 3 days earlier than scheduled. This has happened before and my cycle was regular so I am thinking more on the side that AF is still 6-7 days away. However, this time my bb's are slightly tender and aching. I have only had this once before, last month 2 days before AF was due. However I am fairly confident that AF will stay away until its due arrival....so therefore am thinking it could be a good sign of pg.

What is your experiences with testing early? I keep saying to myslef that if I do I will jinx myself but I don't want to wait till next Thursday!!!
    Has anyone had any experiences with pg's being detected days before AF is meant to arrive???

Hi Bella,

Im really hoping that you are pg! As for testing early, you can often get a false negative result - if O did not occur exactly when you think, and also depends on when implantation occured. At 10dpo you might be able to get a result, but Id say its still a little early and you dont want to get dissapointed when in fact you might be pg. Hold off (if you can ) for a couple more days and then test.

Praying for a BFP for you sweety

Thanks Lisa....maybe I will test on Sunday...but bb soreness seems to be subsiding slightly though at the moment, so will see how I feel over the weekend. I am so impatient more so because O came earlier as well

There are people who get +ve results around 10dpo, but really any earlier is not going to be very reliable... if you can hang in there I would... but I know how the impatience can get the better of you in this game... a blood test will pick it up earlier than a home test, too.

BTW - Good Luck!

goldilocks Guest

Bella, I think we all know what you're going through. Don't you wish you could tell straight after O'ing whether you've conceived or not?!! LOL

If you can at all help it, I'd recommend wait until AF is due before testing. A BFN is really tough to bear!

I got a BFN at 10DPO, only to have implantation occur at 12DPO! So no wonder I got a BFN Anyway, I got my BFP at 14DPO, when AF was due.

Here's hoping it's your month, hon! Let us know how you go

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Thanks girls!

I like to think that if I test this weekend and get a BFP then great, and if I get a BFN it is too early. Then I think, what if the BFN sticks.....argghh!! If I o'd on the 24th I would be 11DPO, so maybe I will see what the 'symptons feel like when I wake up Sunday morning and maybe just do a sneaky one!

I know most people say to test in the morning, but really...when is or isn't the best time? is there really one?

bb's back to aching again

goldilocks Guest

Bella, testing in the morning is more likely to give you a positive result because that's when the concentration of hCG is strongest. If you can't resist and must test in the afternoon, they recommend not having anything to drink for at least 2 hours beforehand (so you don't dilute things too much!)

BTW, don't be upset if your bb's don't ache. Mine weren't sore at all when I was pregnant...but they grew to enormous proportions! :eek: LOL

Best of luck, sweetie

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Hi Bella, if it's any help when I fell pg I did a HPT every day from 11 DPO, but didn't get a + until 14 DPO. I wasn't too upset with the BFNs because I was fairly sure I was pg so I just kept testing, but if you think a BFN would upset you, I would definitely wait! Easier said than done, I know! Best of luck

angelfish Guest

Hi Bella, with Milly I tested 10 or 11 days after ovulation and got a weak positive, but not everyone does, so maybe you'd rather wait a little longer so less chance of being disappointed? If/when we have our third child, I'm planning to NOT TEST AT ALL!! I love the idea of just waiting and gradually becoming certain, the way women must have been doing for centuries before tests became available. Don't know whether I will have enough willpower though!

Hi everyone,

Well, I took the plunge and did a test, silly I know, and it wasn't in the morning it was this afternoon. But I was walking around the shopping centre and started to feel really sick, so I bought a test and there is was
    I know I have a few days still and it could still turn into a BFP. But I highly doubt it as I have been experiencing a few cramps all day today. There was a tiny tiny tiny bit of red in some CM, but it was so tiny. This was before I tested as I thought i could be implantation bleeding.

I still have some hope.....good think I bought a new diamond and pink ring while I was shopping. But I know a few of you girl got BPN's then 2 days later BFP's. I should have just listened to you girls and me DH and waited.....I hate this game.

So hoping AF stays away, I am thinking that if its going to come it will be tomorrow, if not I still hold HIGH postiveness.

Have a good Saturday night all
    Bella xoxox