Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with my body?!

Unhappy What's going on with my body?!

Hello everyone

I am totally confused. I am on my second round of clomid and I have a short LP (around 10 days). I always get spotting around 8DPO which lasts a few days before a short, light AF.

This cycle my usual 8DPO spotting arrived but it's almost come to a halt (I am now 11DPO). Was this AF?! I have absolutely no need for a tampon and it's only there very faintly when I wipe (sorry, TMI).I have done two HPTs just in case, both were BFNs.

I am about to double my dose of clomid as of CD3 but I have no idea what's going on with my cycle and am worried I'll get it wrong as I don't want to misjudge when spotting stops and AF begins

I haven't been temping in the TWW this cycle as I wanted to try and relax but now I'm wishing I had.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Lou Lou, I'm sorry, I don't know much about clomid.
    Maybe take your temp tomorrow and see if it's a high post o temp still? Or a low AF temp? Might help you figure it out?
    I really hope it's implantation bleeding

i dont know either loulou just wanted to give you a ,id ring your doctor

SJ - yes I was thinking of that, I'll dig out my thermometer (I'd hidden it from myself so I wouldn't obsess ).... Ok, I just found it and although it's not going to be accurate as it isn't really a basal temp reading given that it's the middle of the day, it's currently sitting at 36.83.

AJP - thanks for the hug. I'll give my FS a call tomorrow and see what he reckons

Lou Lou- usually I can still tell from mine if it's going to be low or high if I take it during the day. Looks like it's still high maybe?? I hope so

SJ - yes it is quite high I suppose. I'll see what it does in the morning and in the meantime, I will make obssessive trips to the loo and inspect for sign of AF

Lovenhope Guest

LouLou- I would definitely hold off from starting the clomid until you have seen or spoken to the doc. I would probably also do another HPT tomorrow....just in case.
    If you get BFN (your temp sounds high...still could be a bfp on its way) and still no real AF, maybe you could have a scan to see what your lining is doing? Not sure if that's how it works though.
    Goodluck

Sandy - Thanks for the advice hun. I used my last HPT this morning so I think I'll temp tomorrow and see whether it's below my CL. I'll ring my FS first thing and see what he reckons. Can they scan to see what the lining's doing do you know?

Say in an ideal world this is implantation bleeding, why is it going on for nearly 4 days? I thought it just lasted for 24-48 hours. My body is messing with my mind

I think probably AF will come tomorrow but I've never had my LP go to 12 days before. I guess that's a good thing. TTC is v hard.....

Hope all is well with you

Good luck tomorrow Lou See how your temp goes in the morning, first thing, and go from there.... hoping you get a nice little dip and it's IB.... well it might be IB and you don't always get a temp dip anyway.
    Last edited by Shanti; May 25th, 2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: signature

Lovenhope Guest

Im not 100%, but I think a scan can show how thick the lining is and then determine where you are in your cycle. I could be wrong though.
    I know my preg last month was nothing to go by, but I spotted for about 4 days when I got my BFP. And, lots of people in here told me that was normal.

i feel your stress, but try not to think about it too much. Let nature take its course (I do know how hard that is. )

Temping tomorrow sounds like a good plan.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Lou Lou honey hang in there I know its frustrating so here is a . I don't know much about clomid so I think the girls in here are right call your DR or hopefully you won't need to and you get a BFP in the morning

Ren - I just keep thinking what you said a while back 'it will happen when you least expect it'. Thanks for looking out for me

Sandy - if my FS offers me a scan tomorrow then I'll take it. I'll make sure I suggest it to see if it's a possibility at least as I don't want to take clomid if I'm UTD but similarly, I don't want to not take it and miss out on my CD3 start date. I didn't realise you had spotting for that long with your last pregnancy, I read IB was always very short. Just goes to show...

Jo - thanks for the hug, you're always so kind and supportive. It's great to get some real life feedback from folk on BB and I agree, the best thing for me to do is speak to my doc. He was concerned about all this spotting but I didn't ask why he was concerned as he said the clomid would stop it. Last cycle it did and my progesterone leves were 53 but this cycle the levels were only 29 and the spotting remains - I wonder if the two things are connected? I am still convinced it's early menopause

I conceived DS after 3 cycles of Clomid. From what I can remember I think Clomid should make you have a noticeable visit from AF. On my first round my cycle was tracked via regular blood tests so there should be a way your FS can answer your questions by looking at your blood work. But just in case a BFP is on the way check with your doc before your next cycle. All the best it sounds like this could be it for you, I send heaps of your way .

Hi,
    I have no idea about clomid, but have a look at my FF chart below, I had spotting for DAYS before my BFP, and I have had a trouble free pregnancy.

If your AF is normally a medium to heavy flow, I wouldn't count this spotting as AF, unless you know that clomid can affect it?

Good luck!

1b5bee Ovulation Charts
    Last edited by Kristin27; May 25th, 2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Fertility Friend Link troubles

Thanks Kristin - that certainly is a lot of spotting in your BFP chart. Glad to hear everything is ok with your little one.

I normally have a light AF which is why I have so much trouble identifying it over spotting. I think it's arrived now though as I have pain and there was more when I went to the loo. My temp was 36.61 but that was 3 hours before I was due to take it (snoring DH prevented further snoozing ).

Macca - thanks for the baby dust, it's great to hear success stories

I'll give me doc a ring this morning.

Thanks everyone

How did you go with the dr Lou Lou??

Kristin - I rang my FS this morning and he said I probably have a problem buidling up a lining (linked to oestrogen and not producing enough of it I think). The clomid this round should fix that as the amount I will take is going to be double from last time so hopefully the spotting will not be around next cycle.

Fortunately by the time I called him, AF had definitely arrived and I'd now describe it as medium. I have an appointment for a folicle scan booked for 10.15am on Wednesday 4th June which will be my CD10. Fingers crossed

I was of course secretly holding onto a small grain of hope that the spotting would have resulted in a BFP but I'm glad at least that it turned into AF instead of just vanishing completely. At least now I'm confident I've got my CD1 right.

Thanks for checking up on me, it's great that everyone is so friendly and helpful on BB, I really appreciate it

Bummer about AF but you're right at least you will be on top of things for your next cycle - good luck!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast