Thread: What's my date of ovulation??

Default What's my date of ovulation??

Hi

This is my first cycle back since the birth of my DD. I am still breastfeeding up to 4 times a day, so I am not convinced that I ovulated on day 14.

Yesterday I took a HPT and got a so I am over the moon, but I am wondering what the day of conception was, so I can be accurate with my dates.

I don't want to be induced if I go over my due date, if my due date is not accurate! I went to 41 weeks with DD and I was positive of conception date that time.

I am going to the dr today to get a quantitative blood test so I can get the HCG number, which may help and I am also going to ask for a dating scan, but last time, all of the scans put me a week ahead of what I know I was supposed to be (I guess I just had a big baby). If I had of listened to them I would have had a different due date, and therefore been under a lot of pressure to go into labour as I didn't want to be induced.

I know that the 'maybe baby' can be a little bit messy when breastfeeding, and my CM was a bit shotty too, so I am interested to see what some of you think as my day of conception.

THANKS!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    Same thing happened to me when i fell pg with this bub. 1st period back, still breastfeeding 3 times per day and having no idea how far along i was lol.

I 'thought' i knew when i o'ed just cause i was a bit crampy but wasnt 100% sure as i hadnt had a period in nearly 2 years and my body after baby did weird things anyway

I had a negative test before a positive one so that kinda helped. I also had a bt (which really only gave a wide range anyway) and then a dating scan. The dating scan put me within 2 days of when i 'thought' i o'ed but i didnt think it to be true cause it would have meant i got a BFP at 7dpo (which i'm sure is quite rare). I waited again till i had my NT scan and it put me back to where i thought i was. My morph scan put me another 2 days ahead but thast didnt mean or change a thing to me.

When i went to the hossy to see the midwives at 20weeks she ignored all the scans and asked me which date i wanted - i chose the middle one - as they were all pretty close anyway. I guess thats why they call it an estimated due date!

I thinks that the most accurate dating scans are around 10 weeks as before a millimetre in length could be 2 or 3 days out in actual dates iykwim?

Anyway, i hope they are accurate for you this time. I personally do belive that this early a bt is only going to give you a weekly range so i would wait till atleast 8 weeks after your period so you can get a better indication.

Good luck and congrats again

Congratulations!

Hmmm... your charts do my head in! But I reckon your O date is about the 8th or 9th, that makes sense to me.
    SO, since there's a big gap between your actual LMP date and what the dating scan will say, they will most likely go off your scan dates. If you're worried about going overdue, maybe it's worthwhile to make up an LMP date? If there's less than a week difference between that and your scan dates, they'll run off that date - does that make sense? But if you give your real LMP date, and it's more than a week different to scan dates, they will use scan dates for your EDD and you may run into the same issues.

I'd be very inclined to change my LMP dates.

But *yay* for being pregnant!

I dunno about the charts or anything - but WOOHOOOOOO for being pregnant!!!

OK, so have been to the dr and he sent me for a scan and they can't see any G sac yet, which means that I am less than 5 weeks, so that means conception was from DTD on CD41 (I think). Which means (assuming they call that 2 weeks) today I am around 4 1/2 weeks.
    ???

Will let you know more when I know more.