Thread: When to BD?

Default When to BD?

Hey guys

Just got a question about timing of BD-ing.

Our FS told us to abstain days 10 and 11 and then "go for it" days 12 and 13.

Has anyone else heard this?

I just thought it was strange that he was telling us to abstain on potentially fertile days (I normally O on day 13-14).

My DH's sperm count is apparently very good (he's proud about that one!) so I can't see that as the reason to abstain...

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Even though DH has a good sperm count, abstaining for those two days before you O is going to make it even higher.
    Even though day 10 and 11 are potentially fertile days for you, if you know for a fact that you O on day 13 or 14 those are definitely fertile days and will have the highest chance of conceiving, so again it would increase your chances to "hold back the troops" until then and unleash them all at once iykwim
    I'd be going with his advice it does make sense to me.
    BTW if you follow his advice I'm betting you have a boy

I agree with Flea. If you really are ovulating on day 13 or 14, days 12 and 13 are your most fertile ones. While you can get pregnant from BD 3 to 5 days before ovulation, its a lower chance than O/O-1/O-2. To be safe you could also bd every 2 to 3 days on either side for a bit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Even though DH has a good sperm count, abstaining for those two days before you O is going to make it even higher.
    Even though day 10 and 11 are potentially fertile days for you, if you know for a fact that you O on day 13 or 14 those are definitely fertile days and will have the highest chance of conceiving, so again it would increase your chances to "hold back the troops" until then and unleash them all at once iykwim
    I'd be going with his advice it does make sense to me.
    BTW if you follow his advice I'm betting you have a boy

Thanks guys...

Yep makes sense...

Gives us a break to abstain for a bit...after nearly 3 years of TTC, I'm a little weary of highly scheduled BD-ing!!!

Hey monnie!!

I have heard what you FS said and I was going to try and do it this cycle but was really unsure of when I was going to O. Last cycle it was CD 14 and this cycle it was on CD 16. We managed to BD from CD 11-16 and we caught the egg! I have heard someone on here that say the more you BD the more chance their is to get the deformed (not too sure if thats the right word!) swimmers out. LOL doesnt sound has good as I want it to sound but brain not working properly!!

Anyways, have you tried Pre Seed???? We used it this cycle, first cycle using it and I am not too sure if that did help me get pregnant but I think that it did help ALOT! Pre seed is good because it is at the same pH level as sperm so the sperm will actually be able to survive a bit longer waiting for the egg.

Well, good luck!

This is true, apparently you should BD at least once every 10 days otherwise male fertility temporarily goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngala View Post
    I have heard someone on here that say the more you BD the more chance their is to get the deformed (not too sure if thats the right word!) swimmers out.