Thread: when do you...

Question when do you...

Just wondering whenabouts everyone ovulates? Is it pretty much the normal for it to happen around day 14ish, or does it really vary? I have been using MBM this month, and I had partial and full ferning whilst I had AF and then immediately after AF and now on day 12 I have no ferning. I know you are meant to get the ferning 3-4 days before you ovulate, but does it continue during Ovulation, or disappear before? I don't really have the money to waste on OPK's at the moment, would I be better off going off them?

I don't know, I am so confused, and feeling so deflated, I just feel like giving up!

Day 30ish was normal for me, Min! Although apparently this was cd14 this cycle, but judging by the dating scans I'd say more cd17.

I think with a "normal" 28-day cycle, ovulation on day 14 is expected, but many women with more irregular cycles (nothing too bad, just 28-35 days) find they ovulate between days 14-25 and have to rely on their luteal phase being more constant to know when AF is due.

A "normal" luteal phase is 10-18 days in length, so with a 28-day cycle you could ovulate on cd10-18 and still be "normal", although cd14 is expected. I had a couple of 20-odd day LPs too, although I don't think that happens with the "normal" cycles.

I generally have a 28 day cycle with O on CD16 & an LP of 12 days.

Min it really really does differ between people, so I wouldn't gaurantee anything!

I have a very irregular cycle that lasts anywhere from 30 to 50 days. I usually have an LP of 12 days, so that puts my O date anywhere from day 18 to day 38. Are you doing charting and temperatures? I find that that makes it much easier to see where I am in my cycle, and it's free. If you aren't, check out Fertility Friend, online. It's quite helpful.
    All the best!

Mine can be from CD12 til CD17 & I used to have a very spot on 28 day cycle!!!

They can vary heaps & I used the MB & it didnt get me preg for 12mths, as soon I started temping & OPKing I was preg immediately, that was after months & months of also jst banging like a dunny door mid cycle!! so it took us ages with #2!

Min, I Od and conceived on CD27 this cycle, and last time I Od and conceived on CD19 ! My LP is usually 11-14 days. I used MB myself, but I wouldn't have relied on it totally. I find the OPKs work really well for me, have you tried purchasing them online? It is usually MUCH cheaper. I use the ones from Lullaby Conceptions, if I had any left I'd post them to you! Other than that, are you charting? Most girls find that once they've got the hang of it, it's a really helpful way of knowing what's going on with their cycle. Good luck to you, and let us know how you get on

thanks everyone. I have started charting again, and even though I had patches where I wasn't ferning we still BD'd, we are just now switching to every 2nd day rather than everyday. Sezjm, I will go check out that website now, thanks for that!

dolphin22 Guest

I have a regular cycle of 26 days. I ovulate at day 18 as i have noticed since going through IVF.

All the best with ttc.

Cindy

Min
    A friend of mine consistently ovulates around d8 of her 28 day cycle. SHe is one of the most fertile people I know - 7 pregnancies all at the drop of a hat!

I've O'd anywhere between d12 and d19 but I have polycystic ovaries and an irregular-ish cycle.

Charting is the way to go as is BDing from the end of AF. Interestingly I've heard that at least one indigenous culture has a mythology around pregnancy resulting from the tail end of menstruation mixing with the male's spirit.

I have an 34 days cycle and didn't o until CD 26 this cycle (and fell pg ). Usually i o on CD 22 but once or tice it was much earlier on CD13. I also used MB but just found it too inconsistent. i chose to chart temps and observe CM, using MB as a secondary fertile tool. Good luck

I have added my chart to my ticker now, and I have a possible ovulation and BD's all the right times, so time will tell I guess, we are still going to BD the rest of the month away until I can see some kind of pattern in my chart, and in case I missed O.

Had a look at lullaby, will definately get some OPK's if no + this month, but that isn't going to happen!!!!