Thread: When does your body know?

Question When does your body know?

Just wondering if anyone out there knows when your body "knows" that you've conceived? Do things start to change as soon as the egg is fertilized, or does it take until implantation? (or longer) I am about 7 DPO, and starting to wonder a little. Couldn't tell you anything specific, just a bit of a feeling. (If I am, this would be my third pg.) We are not actually TTC, but we're not using BC either. We would be thrilled with another baby, but I wouldn't be crushed really if I wasn't pg yet, either. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks!

Last edited by Cricket; October 25th, 2006 at 02:58 AM.

It is an interesting question, because you can't always go on symptoms alone to let you know that you are pg, because often you don't have any until further along kwim? I have friends who swear they started suffering m/s the day after the DTD and others just *know*.

Well, I felt that I was pretty much straight away, but wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking since it was just our first month of trying. 3DPO I vomitted at work. Snuck up on me and I didn't feel sick before or after it. That's when my DH started to think I could be - but didn't tell me that until AFTER our BFP Then when I got some implantation bleeding at 9 and 10DPO and I was SO CERTAIN I was pg Got my BFP on a HPT at 12DPO.

Lizzie33 Guest

Mama of 2 - what symptoms are you getting, or what feeling is creeping up on you ??

Oh, you know the usual "easy to imagine" symptoms. A bit of AF cramping well before AF should be coming. (I usually have a 12 day LP) Very tired. (but who isn't, when they're still getting up with the kids at night, etc.) I'm just getting back into temping after I stopped breastfeeding my younger daughter a couple of months ago (she's almost 11 months) and my chart kind of reminds me of my pre-pregnancy chart. I'll try to post it here, but I'm not sure if I know how. I did not mark our BDing on this chart, but let's just say that after five years of marriage, we haven't gotten over the "newlywed" stage yet. Both charts show the temp going high right after O, dropping, and with the pregnancy one, coming up again at the end. With my other cycles, the temp would go gradually higher, peaking at the end, and then dropping with AF.
    The top chart is the current one, the bottom one is my pre-pregnancy one.
    I've probably just got babies on the brain from checking out this website too often, and trying to get back in tune with what my body is doing after being pregnant and nursing, etc. I guess I'll know for sure in a few days.
    Thanks!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8c5a1
    Last edited by Cricket; October 25th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

nikita Guest

I would also love to know if pregnancy symptoms can start after fertilisation, or only once implantation has occured. I have read heaps of other people's 2WW symptoms on the net and have come across lots of people who had pains or felt sick or nauseated as soon as 2-3 DPO. I myself currently have AF-like cramps and have had them for the last 2 days, and I am only 4 DPO!!(and I never have cramps like this at this stage of my cycle!). It's driving me nuts! I have also read on the net that symptoms won't strart until implantation, as that is when hormones are released telling your body to get ready for pregnancy. So I don't know either, but I would love to!
    Last edited by nikita; October 26th, 2006 at 03:54 PM.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait until AF shows up (or doesn't) because now I'm getting sick with something. I've got a sore throat, achey feeling, exhausted, head ache, etc. So I really don't trust my temps to be accurate - I think I've got a bit of a fever. Great timing for that, eh?

I think your chart looks great, your temp is up so that is a good sign. Good luck and I hope you are not sick for long.

Yeah, logic tells me that your body wouldn't know until implantation, but then there are people who reckon they 'know' after DTD! LOL. And then most pg symptoms are so similar to AF symptoms. Looking back.. my first obvious symptom was me falling asleep for 3 hrs every afternoon and I NEVER slept in the day. M/s didn't kick in until about 6wks? Man, I can't really remember! hehe.

Well, AF afound me yesterday, so I guess I must have been imagining the "symptoms." It's so hard to tell if something is different or not! I'm not too disappointed, although it is a bit of a let-down. I'd rather be pg, I think, than deal with AF.
    Maybe next month. Oh, and I am feeling much better today - the sore throat, fever, etc, are all gone. Just left with a permanently dripping nose.
    Thanks for the replies ladies!

I vommitted the whole day after Amber was concieved, I couldnt move off the couch without throwing up everywhere, was funyn coz at the time we were living with a midwife and the first thing she said to me was 'you're not pregnant are you?' my answer 'no I'm on the pill' - 8 weeks later I found out I was

Strangely enough I thought I may have been pregnant when my sense of smell started to become really strong. As it turned out I was pregnant, which was a surprise because I could not work out when we could have conceived in relation to my cycle. In the end I miscarried at 5wks anyway and now am happily TTC#2.