Thread: When to TTC #2

Default When to TTC #2

Hi,

I have been thinking about TTC# 2 and I am getting that clucky feeling very stronly again, however #1 is only 10months old. I would love to conceive over summer so that I have another spring baby.

I dread the thought of being in my last trimester in summer (due to my last pregnancy where by I had v bad feet swelling) so I am keen to conceive in summer time either this year or next. Although I dont think I could wait until next year

I am interested to hear how any of you coped with 2 bubs so young? and how you coped being preggers with a young tot.

BekZ

Hi BekZ
    My eldest daughter was 9 and a half months old when i fell pregnant with my second. I was still doing a couple of breastfeeds a day when she was conceived.
    My hubby was really keen to have them close together, but I kept thinking 'How can I love another baby as much as i love this one?".
    My eldest was 17and a half months old when her little sister was born. I don't remember it being difficult, although i am sure there were hectic days. I just made sure that i always had plenty for my eldest to do when I was breastfeeding etc.

I can't seem to remember having any difficulties being pregnant, except maybe going to my ob appointments. She would always try to touch everything, and we would often be in the waiting room for up to an hour, (it was a very small waiting room!!!) I just made sure i had lots of snacks available.

My youngest is now 3, and we are TTC #3. I have thoughts of ' how will my girls feel with me having another baby? will they be jealous?
    In the end though, if you love your children, and let them know how precious they are to you, it will all be ok.
    Last edited by Patooties; September 6th, 2006 at 02:12 PM.

Hi JaZMum,

I am sure your two daughters will love another playmate. I have heard that once you have 2 then the third to no problem.

Your bub will also have 2 little mini mums to help!!!

All the best for TTC and thanks for your point of view. Keep me posted!

Thanks BekZ
    My girls probably wouldn't let me do anything if we are blessed with a third!!!!
    They breastfeed their dolls now (see mums at playgroup), so it will be interesting.
    Do you think you will go ahead with TTC #2?

Bec - my dd has just turned 1 and we've been TTC #2 for a month - i'm like u and want to have my next bub in the cooler months - and would also prefer to get over the worst of my morning sickness before the heat of summer arrives. I know what u mean about getting clucky like crazy again. I think it's because our little ones are no longer babies anymore - and the idea of providing them with a play mate is also very appealing. I wish u the best of luck with your decision

JaZMum,

Yep will probably start trying in November. I have some hormone issues (low progesterone) to sort out first. Am going to see my mum on weekend and apparently she is taking me to see a chemist who is excellent with natural hormone therapy. I really hope I dont have a long road for TTC. Bub #1 was so easy to conceive, we fell first time trying.

iluvella,

oh morning sickness!! I forgot about that. Never mind it should only last a few weeks You are right about our bubs not being little bubs anymore and it is true that I miss that already, although I love this age that Sara is at (10 months). She just seems so grown up already. Especially now that she prefers sippy cups to bottles and she is about to walk. Good luck with your TTC!!

Thanks Bek. With any luck we'll be bumping bellies in the preg threads later on in the year

Hi Bek!

We are also TTC #2 and we have an 11 month old little boy. Yes I think Spring babies are great! It was the best time of year to be heavily pregnant! I figure having two kids close together is hard work - but I am up for the challenge. I am sooo clucky as well. Hope it doesn't take you too long to conceive second time round! Good Luck!

Mel

Kate,

All the best for the safe arrival of bubby #2 (sorry I dont know how to abbreviate). I dont know what DD means etc.

Mellymac,

All the best with TTC#2.

Everybody keep me posted.

Been to see a chemist today about my progesterone problems and he has shed some light on the subject. Hopefully his recommendations will prove to be fruitful and bub #2 will be conceived soon.

I have just met up with an old school mate and she has 3 little ones (31/2, 2 and 7 months). She is so good with them and takes every thing in her stride and just goes with the day. I think this sort of attitude helps when you have more than one littley.

All is crystal clear now thanks