Thread: When to withdraw?

Default When to withdraw?

Hi,

Just wondering about when DH should withdraw - bit of an icky subject I know - but I've heard that you should wait until he's gone down before exiting. Has anyone else heard this? I think it's got something to do with keeping the little guys in there?

Hi Melody

I havent heard of this before but maybe someone else has.. I think that it would be best to just wait a moment afterwards and then withdraw. Not too sure if you should wait until he gone down - depends on how long that takes. I do know that if my DP withdraws too quickly, then some is lost - so maybe just wait a while until everything settles and then withdraw.

HTH!

I am glad you posted this Melody7 as I have been wondering the same thing, its rather confusing isnt it, sorry I dont have any advice, I hope someone can help you with your question.

If this is in relation to helping to keep the little blighters in there for longer, I guess it could help if he stays put for a little bit. I don't know if there is any reccommended lenth of time for it though.
    I think you would be better off to put a pillow under your rear to elevate it a bit to try and keep them from running out.

We did the whole pillow under the bottom thing and I stayed put for 20 mins in bed. (DH was asleep by the time I got up).We did not even consider how long DH should stay put.

Hi, thanks for your comments.

We had a "practise session" last night and all I can say is that I've discovered a posiion that I will NOT be using for the real thing. It all fell out and we had a joke that we'd have to scoop our baby back up/in. Quite funny but a good learning lesson

LMAO Melody. Honestly I really don't think you need DH to stay in there for any longer than normal. How many babies are concieved on a quicky

I did stay put in bed with my butt elevated for a little while though when TTC. Also, when you use a pillow, make sure it's his

Yes Trish - great thought about the pillow... hehe

OMG!! I can't believe how much the butt-on-the-pillow thing works!!! When we were TTC DD (9 years ago!) there were these myths about weird DTD positions that worked, so every book and every dr said - no there's no point to it. Don't do anything different.

So this time round, we've tried the pillow thing (yes always his!!!) and I cannot believe the difference in how long it is before those lil swimmers make their second appearance IYKWIM. This has got to make a difference, I'm sure of it!

*TamaraP* Guest

Normally I get DH to act as a plug. (not now of course LOL)... we just lay there kissing for a bit then he withdraws

When we were TTC, DH didnt withdraw straight away but waited a few minutes.
    The month we conceived, was the first time we had DTD and not had any "spillage". I got him to be on top that time and not withdraw for a few minutes afterwards, and then put a pillow under my bum to elevate that area, and I didnt get up for a little bit.

I always found that if I was on top, as soon as I moved all the spermies would come out, so I always aassumed that was unhelpful if TTC.