Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whos TTC #3???

Fire Fly Guest

Default Whos TTC #3???

How many of you out there are ttc#3.

Do you feel just as nervous about it like you did with #1 or are you so comfortable with the idea.

My concerns are haveing a winter bub, and the fact that DS is still so young. Im not sure whether we should now or not. My age is against me though.

Anyway, how many are there of us??

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Ohhhhhh Me, me! Don't worry about having a winter bub - It is really nice being able to rug them up! Both of my boys were born just before Winter and I never found it to be a problem!

If I am successful in the next month or so there will only be 15 months between the youngest 2!

This is a great thread and I will be watching with interest!

Fire Fly Guest

Cool Relle, thought it would be interesting to start this as ive seen a lot of new mums and mums going for #2 but cant say ive noticed mums silly enough to go again..

I know id get over the winter bub thing, but i do think about when labour starts getting my poor little cherubs out in the cold. I dont want to do that really.

If i fell now there would be 18 months between my youngest and newest, hhmmm is that doable.

Kerrie, I was induced with no 2 for a multitude of reasons, but one of them was that I was over an hour away from the hospital when I had no 2, and my husband worked an hour and a half away, so if I went into labour I would be at least 3 hours away from the hospital if I went into labour while he was at work. I am also very limited with babysitters, and had my parents coming back from tripping around Australia on the day of my induction! So taking DS 1 out wasn't really a problem for me.

I have actually been TTCing for the last 4 months, but so far with no success! I fell straight away with the first 2 , so the TTC journey is quite new for me!

I am actually really stoked, cause my Dh has said if we are having 3 then we are having 4! If I still feel the way I do now after No 3, then I am stoked that he is prepared to have another!

I was actually looking on another thread where some of the ladies have 6 and 7 kids, and I can finally understand why! What amazing women!

angelfish Guest

We're kind of ...
    As in we're not using contraception, but it's unlikely to be soon because dd 15 mths is still breastfeeding pretty enthusiastically, and we weren't able to conceive her until #1 decided to wean.
    To answer your question, I think the nervousness is still there but a bit different. In some ways nothing can be as much of a shock as the first baby, but on the other hand I can now worry about finances, how the older children will cope and how the new child will alter the family dynamics. With pregnancy and birth, it's nice to think I'll be an old hand at it all, but then I wonder how I'll manage being older, more exhausted and out of shape.
    Also you just don't have as much time to think about it do you? With TTC #1 we actually worked on it for a year beforehand, getting really fit and healthy. Then you have lots of time during pregnancy to wonder at the miracle of it all. With two young children there just isn't the time for navel gazing, as you would know.
    BTW both of mine were WInter babies and I thought it was great. I wouldn't want to be 9 months pregnant in hot weather, and it was lovely to spend some babymoon time snuggled up in front of the fire. Also more convenient for dh to take leave when it's not the popular holiday season.

We are in theory, however DH is in Canberra this week, so it's not going to happen for us.

I'm nervous and still weighing up the 'repercussions' as such as DD is 9yo and sometimes struggles with DS being around. She remembers and enjoyed life as a single child so it's rocked her boat a bit to have to compromise. Mind you, I think it's a good thing that she has to share and take another child/sibling's feelings and needs into consideration. I'm just wondering how much having a 3rd will mess things up for her. The little two would need so much of my time, I don't want to push her away. I struggle to have one on one time with her during the day (non school hols, that is) cause whenever Blake's up she's up. When he goes to bed, she goes 15 mins after. We make special mummy/daughter time but it would be even harder with #3 around too.

Guess I'll just see how the conceiving goes. My cycles is irratic anyway, so who knows. As for winter babies... my kids are born 29 & 30 June. I love winter babies.

We are going to TTC#3, But as both our girls are at the end hald of the year I'd really love a early part of the year bub, so we are kinda holding off for a while, but it took 14+mths to create Indah so I am starting to temp again & OPK in the hope that when the the time is right next year we will conceive pretty quickly!!
    Our oldest DD is almost 8 & I she si loving having Indah around, she cant wait to have more siblings, infact she keeps saying we should have 10 more!

Dh still says 'no more' to friends & family but he did the same when we were trying for Indah, I think it's his way of stopping ppl asking!? But to me he says "yeah, 1 more!" I'd like to have 4+ in total, but my age is ticking along so fast all of a sudden!!!

Fire Fly Guest

Oh it good to see more in here. Cool.

Relle, :eek: at DH saying lets have 4. I was lucky to of gotten #2. And now the mention of #3. Lol. He just worries for them constantly, which in this world we live in how could you not.
    Angelfish, im glad the worrying doesn stop, suppose it wouldnt be human nature not to hey. Today i had to drop my car off to get work done on it and DS hadnt had his morning sleep so he got grumpy pretty quickly. And now he has decided he doesnt like the pram anymore, so had DD in the main part of the pram and DS in my arms. Gee the thoughts that went through my mind about ttc#3 made me start to re think. I couldnt have coped today if i had a newborn. It was so hot today to. Got to 30 which is unusual seeing as its only turned spring.

Wardygirl, i didnt realise things would be difficult as your DD is older but proves me wrong hey. I think the spending enough time with them all is always going to be concern doesnt matter what age they are hey. Thats a concern for me. Maybe it just the first born that we worry about because they were always the apple of our eyes. Not saying the following kids arent. Oh ykwim dont you.

Tracey, yes age is ticking along for me to, thats why we have to be so sure this is what we want because it knocked me about having DS, maybe cause i wasnt working anymore i dont know. Would of thought DD kept me in shape. I always said 35 was my cut off age and so if i fall now im still in that age. I really dont want to try to conceive for agers. But in saying that i know we are really fertile so when 'o' comes we will probably fall. It scares me abit. Im still not convinced we are the doing the right thing.
    Last edited by Fire Fly; September 19th, 2006 at 06:02 PM.

TZJI Guest

HI Girls

We have just today decided to TTC #3. We have 2 beautiful boys J - 2 1/2 and I 7mths and one baby angel m/c 14weeks June 2005.

We are very scared and excited, mostly scared really. I had I at 32weeks due to pe and hellp syndrome. I was very sick, and still have unstable bp - but we know the longer we leave it the worse I will be.

Fingers crossed its a quick journey for us all, I so hope it happens quick - Im not a very patient girl .

Good luck, and I can't wait to hear some BFP hopefully next month.

Zoe

Woohoo - this thread is really starting to fire up!

Kerrie - I was pretty astounded when DH said about no 4, but very happy about it! Maybe I should look into becoming a surrogate, cause as much as I want to have all of these babies I can't afford many more! LOL

Angelfish - I definately have not looked at getting fit for this one and you raise alot of very valid points. We actually started TTCing for No 3 when DS was 9 weeks old! :eek: I say just go for it! hehehehehe

Wardygirl - I know alot of people think you should wait in between Nos 2 and 3, but I guess no time is a good time, as you point out, even if you wait a long time after No 1 there is no guarantee things will be smooth sailing. Do you think that a younger sibling for No2 might take the pressure off No 1 a little?

Tracey - I am stoked to see you in here! Your posts always give me a laugh, so it should be fun to go through this journey with you! I actually love telling people we want another one and we are already trying - I love to see them gobsmacked for what to say! hehehehe

Zoe - I am exactly like you, I am not patient at all! bring on . I hope that this next pregnancy proves to be a little less eventful for you!

OK so we are all going to start having success, who is actually this month?

Girls I have to remind you that we have the TTC buddy threads for this sort of discussion.....

breeby Guest

We are trying for number three as well and it is so exciting that there are a few of us trying too. Our friends all think we are crazy for wanting more mainly because we have one of each (boy & girl). We have always been open about wanting a big family 4-5.

We have only 14 months between our children and it is busy and lots of fun and now that our three yr old hardly has day sleeps, the days are definatley more exhausting, i have a fantastic husband who is very involved with the kids and we would of loved to of been having number 3 soon but our pregnancy didnt follow through.

We have suffered 4 miscarriages since 2003 and have only sucesfully carried two pregnancies so i am nervous about embarking on tis journey again but i am also so excited about a new family member. We are in month two of trying now and seeing as though every other attempt i have fallen pregnant straight away i am a little stressed that it hasnt happened but it will one day i know.

I am testing on September 30 if AF doesnt show up before hand.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for starting this thread, its the topic i just needed....

Breeby xx

Fire Fly Guest

Sorry Sarah, its my fault. I just thought it would be good to speak to mums that are solely ttc# 3 as there are lots of mums trying for #1 and 2 but not alot trying for #3.
    I dont know about the other mums but it helps me to talk to other mums in my situation. Sorry if i affended by starting this post. Id really like it to continue if thats ok but id understand if you dont. Could the other mums have an opinion to please.

Kerrie, I must admit I feel the same way as well! I hope the thread continues because it is nice to talk directly to people having similar concerns in relation to their TTC journey!

We've (the mods) discussed it a few times & have decided not to have a chatter thread for those TTC #2 so we can't do it for those TTC #3 either. You're more than welcome in the TTC threads, the girls TTC #1 or even #2 would benefit from your experiences

Fire Fly Guest

Sorry sarah. Im disappointed but the decision is yours.

Hi Kerrie
    I am TTC #3 and I am in the TTC 1-6 month thread. Maybe you could join in there.
    Would be good to chat.

Well I think having a TTC#3 thread is good, there was interest shown stright off the bat. Why is it any differnt to someone posting a general question that continues into a 10 page thread?

Anyway. I am about to pop with #3 & must say that there was no second thoughts about going again. WE ARE NOT CRAZY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast