Thread: zinc?

Default zinc?

Has anyone heard of zinc being good to increase sperm count/male fertility? DH just came out with this one - could be crap that his mates have been telling him!! I'm off to do a bit of googling...!

You're right ... it is good for male fertility (and female fertility too). I used to take it in tablet form when TTC.

A lot of the men's multis have zinc in them. If your DH is taking a good multi and eating healthily that's a great start.

My Dr advised that DH start increasing his zinc intake so he now takes Centrum every day

Zinc is really important and a lot of people don't realise how important it is. You can do a Zinc tally test at Terry White chemists for free if you are not sure what your Zinc levels are.

Dh started taking centrum and we fell pregant next cycle after 12 months TTC!

I read this when we were TTC as well.

Possibly coincidence, but after DH's first sperm analysis, his count was <1 million. I fed him up on zinc tablets (just straight zince, not multivitamins), and his next test was 4 million, then his next one was 11 million.